Your going to think I'm daft but...

Levi89

Reaction score
Well not daft but - a lot of people in my area and people I was at school with has been having babies (we were all due roughly the same time) and this girl had a little boy, only 3 weeks younger than Casey and I logged onto facebook tonight to discover that he has died from cotdeath. He was only 5 weeks old, but now i cant get it out my head.
I cant even begin to imagine how that poor girl must be feeling. Casey is my world and she has her own little personality already so if anything was to happen to her - it would kill me.
So now I'm lying here, unable to sleep and just watching her because I now appreciate her so much more than I already did because life can be a bitch sometimes and you never know what your future holds.
Sorry if I'm being all dark but its got all sorts of thoughts running through my head now. Xx

:hugs:

It's a horrible thing to be faced with. MIL lost get daughter at almost exactly the same age G is now, so it's never far from my mind at the moment.
Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Aw Lorna what a shame for your MIL! But your right - its not easy to not think about that stuff! :( Here was me thinking the pregnancy would be my only worry but it continues! Lol.

Oh and there was a woman who came to my door a few weeks ago - she was potentially going to rent a flat in my block and I had casey in my arms when I went to the door. Now this old woman was pretty crazy... Wouldnt shut up - she initially wanted to know what the neighbours were like but began telling me all about her life! Then she proceeded to tell me that her little girl died at 5 months old. I felt really sorry for her as she was about crying but then she said "can you imagine her on a slab, imagine her in a tiny white coffin" she said this whilst pointing at my bairn. I was so angry - then it turned into worry. Why would you say that to a new mum eh? Needless to say its my friend who rents the flat out and he told her not to come near the flats again and he never took her as a tenant!
What a crazy lady though eh?! Xxx

What a weirdo.

I think now that they're here we get to worry for the rest of our lives - so my mother tells me!!

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Gosh what a shock! Really makes you think when it happens to someone you know.

Oh hun. During my pregnancy I knew two couples who lost their little ones at 25+ and it put me on edge for the rest of my pregnancy. You don't just think it can't happen to you, you also think it can't happen to anyone you know.

We have the Angelcare movement n noise monitors so if Freya doesn't move the alarm will go off. Helps give parents peace of mind xx

Oh the poor girl that's horrendous. I'm not surprised you're dwelling on it.
That lady sounds strange though .....x

Aawwww hun it's something I worry about lots with Albert's heart murmur. We got a snuza halo that clips to his nappy and vibrates if he doesn't breathe for 15 seconds and sets of an alarm after 20 seconds. Luckily it hasn't gone off yet *touchwood*

I think sometimes we all have those, it's too good to be true moments and kind of convince ourselves that something will go horribly wrong. The worry won't end even when they grow up

I hope your friend can find a little bit of peace soon, it's such a horrific thing to go through xxxxxxxx

Omg I can't even imagine how she must be feeling. At one point during my preg I had to try prepare myself that there was a possibility of early passing for Max due to the virus I caught, and I just couldn't bare the thought of it, it still makes me upset when I think about it now so I honestly just don't know how people cope. I really hope she can find some sort of peace with it soon.

Motherhood will be full of worry for the next 20 odd years, maybe more, I'm not sure at which point mums stop worrying ! Xxxxxx

It doesn't sound daft hun, this was probably my biggest fear throughout my whole pregnancy (stillbirth or cot death) and it still petrifies me now :( what she went through is absolutely awful, my heart goes out to her xx

Such a shame.
But it gets worse - my aunties friend, who is also my friend just had her wee boy but he was stillborn. It breaks my heart. Thats two bad things to happen in the past few days :'( xxx

Its all so close to home and with Casey being so young Im just so scared. Cant imagine what they are going through :( xxxxx

Ur not daft hun my cousin lost her little boy to cot death last year and he's exaclty the same age as casey he'd be nearly 10 months by now she's now pregnant again but it's a lot harder on her this time, I can't imagine how hard it must be I had a miscarridge like so many other women on here but I never met my baby I wouldn't be able to cope if I'd of gone through the process of labour and meeting them and loving them and then they are taken away, my heart goes out to anyone who has to x

Its such an awful thing to happen to anyone!! I don't think you're daft at all hun, I would be exactly the same! Worried a lot about it all thru pregnancy and we got a sensorpad monitor to give us some reassurance because of this- its really hard now we cant use it anymore (he just rolls off it) but I try to reassure myself that everyday he gets a bit older and a bit stronger and its less likely to happen. And I also try to hold onto everyday that I have with him, even when he drives me mad, coz altho things can be v difficult at times I know I never want to be without him, it would break me! .....I think its perfectly normal to worry about things like this, especially when it happens so close to home, but all you can do is reduce the risks as much as possible and trust that LO will be fine. *BIG HUG* xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back