Bit about me! (Bit of a read tho lol!)

mummykay

Reaction score
Hey everyone, not posted since I introduced myself but thought I should start!

As i said before, Im 33weeks pregnant with a little boy with whom my boyfriend Mike is ecstatic about and findin this whole pregnancy so amazin its scary!

Mind u,it hasnt been an easy ride - Ul find out why now!

When i found out i was pregnant my parents seemed ok with it, think they had wanted me to do a bit more before i started a family but they supported me anyway.
5months down the line they wanted me to stop seein the dad - HELLO WHAT???? This then led to a huge fight and me bein thrown out of the family home, 5months pregnant and in bits - If i didnt have the support of Mike and his parents I would have been in the gutter.

What makes it strange is that my parents threw me out a yr to the day that they threw me out last yr when i wasnt pregnant but for the same reason - because I wanted to c Mike!!!

However all this really stressed me out so of course I was worried about how baby was with my bloodpressure bein so high and under pressure but when I spoke to my mum and didnt say much for not wantin to get angry and ill, she accused me of only thinkin of myself and bein selfish??

This i didnt understand, how could I b selfish about myself when there is no 'me' - Only 'me and my baby and my partner'

With me becoming a parent and bein treated like this in my own life, Im so determined to b the best mum I can that its become my goal in life which my boyfriend says isnt a bad thing at all!

Anyway, just wanted to let off abit of steam and if anyone has any advice as to what to do or say then itd b appreciated!!

Thanks for reading xx

Hi hun congratulations on being Pregnant :clap:

as for your family i would just ignore them for now, im sure once your LO is born they will all come running.

Hope they wake up and realise what they are missing out outas its them whos missing out and not you hun, you really can be doing withought all that extra stress, its not good for you or your baby.

Take care hunny and hope to catch up proper soon

Love n hugs
Jean & girls
xxxxxxxx

Congrates on being pregnant

Hey its your life family will come round

take care hun

hiya hun n congrats on ur pregnancy.

i dno wat to sey about u mum n dad but i hope they come round eventually.
luv braiana x

Hiya, Firstly welcome to the forum and congrats on your pregnancy :dance:

im going to be completly honest with you, but its only because i have been through thte same thing with my own parents when i fell pregnant with my first.

Think about yourself and your LO because no1 else will, put yourself and your LO first - let them call you selfish if they want to you are just trying to do the best my your LO (and thats what mums do!)
In the long run they will probably do one of 2 things, come running as soon as you have your LO, or you wont hear anything from them.

The first is what my parents did when i was pregnant with my first from the time i was 7mths pregnant they were all over me like a rash, taking me out shopping buying things for the baby etc, By the time my son was 2 they convinced me to move back to the area that i grew up (nearby where they lived) promising to be there to help me out if i ever needed them, i did it and barely saw them they had my son once in a blue moon but after a year that soon stopped. They havent seen my son since he was 3 and a half. The only time i saw my father was when i went down and saw him at work (he only works at the other end of my road) The last time i spoke to him was when i was about 6mths pregnant with my daughter, i havent heard from him since. I sent him a text the morning after i had her to tell him that i had, had her and i got no reply.

That was the hardest thing ever and it killed me inside it really did, but over time i have come to realise that it is their loss and not mine or my childrens. I have a wonderful partner, 2 beautiful children with my 3rd child due soon, I am happy and i have come to realise that i dont need them.

I really hope that it doesnt come to that with you and you can repair your relationship with your parents, but honestly if it doesnt happen, they are the only ones that are missing out - not you!

Sending you lots of hugs :hug:

Sara xxx

Thanks Sara, I did use to think it was just me bein a bad person and makin them do that but with my boyfriends support and knowing that its not right Iv accepted that even tho I didnt have a perfect family life doesnt mean my son shouldnt!

Thanks for all your comments girls, much appreciated!

Kay :wink:

I'm so sorry to hear this. To be honest if it was me and they came running I think I'd have to tell them to get lost. Your child doesnt need grandparents who may or may not be there for them, children need stability. Parental love is meant to be unconditional no matter what, you cant choose when to pick it up or put it down. On a positive note you now know what NOT to do and will be I'm sure a fantastic mother.

no worries babe, please dont ever think you are to blame you are only trying to do whats right by your LO and by the sounds of it you are going to do a great job ;)

If you ever fancy a chat feel free to give me a shout :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back