Birthmarks

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
Emily has a birthmark on her arm. No one spoke about it at all while in the hospital etc, and my family have all went 'ohh that'll fade, its nothing' and my mum said it was a strawberry birthmark.

My midwife spotted it today and said she didnt think it was a strawbery birthmark, she thinks its a 'port wine stain' birthmark, that wont fade, and will get bigger as Emily does, may go darker too. :( I mean it dosent bother me, but my midwife gave me the impression that when i menchin it to my GP that i should atleast think about options of getting it removed.

(right now the way i feel i would never want to do that, unless it causes any pain/discomfort to Emily)

I know nothing of birthmarks, Any body else have children with simuler markings?, should i put complete sun-block on it when its sunny?, do they need any special care? Do you think it will fade? Anyone who knows anything do you think its strawberry or port wine?

l_0869a77324ebd2ef3ba714cee7309bf0.jpg

Ta!

i dont know anything about birthmarks but thats a stunning pic, the way she is looking up is lovely.

Aaawwwwwwwwwwww, how cute !!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm sorry I don't know much about birthmarks, but like you I think leaving it is best, who knows how it will be in years to come :hug:

Hi hun

I have a strawberry birthmark on my back and it looks nothing like that but my dad said it used to be really red and took up alot of space on my back now its prob 2 inches or so . i hate it to this day .
not sure what it is though.
:think:

Paris has one on her shoulder the same colour as emily's but seriously it did fade and hasn't got bigger :x I'll get a piccie later if she lets me :lol:

alice has one on her neck where it joins her head. i would take a pic, but she has so much hair, i don't think it would show. Its got bigger as she has got bigger, but hasn't got any darker. HV/MW/GP have all said it would fade. My cousin had one when he was tiny and that fadded after a good few years.

is there a age limit to get it removed? Could you wait till she is older, Then she would have a say in the matter. also, you may have found it has faded/shrunk... :think:

Jess has one on her back and its grow with her but hasn't really got much bigger. Aimee had 3 strawberry marks when she was tiny but they were up raised too and they just got bigger and bigger till she was about 18 months then started shrinking again. Now 2 of them have completely gone and the other just is a couple of red specks. I have to agree though it doesn't look like a strawberry mark.

Emma has 2 one on her arm adn one on her head. th eone on her head is hidden by her hair but the one on her arm is annoying as she tries to pick it off :shock: :lol: my nephew has a big one on his belly too. neither of them seem to be fading as the docs say but as its not growning or giving her discomfort im not too fussed :hug:

Hi,
I dont have a child yet so cant comment on children with Birth marks but I have a birth mark on my face so it is the most obvious place to have one.
Its is on the left hand side and starts in line with my nose and goes right up into my hair line so i could never get away with a skin head ha ha. :lol:

It is also about 2 inches wide so is always in view and cant be hidden, mine is the same colour as your little ones and to be honest I forget it is there. I have never had any issues with mine and dont think i would want mine removed as I have just grown up with it being part of me.

Dont get me wrong I have gone through phases of wishing I didnt have it but i have grown out of that and it doesnt hold me back at all, you have poeple who will stare but most people dont care and I have had rarely any comments even at school. The only time it is usually pointed out is when little childreen ask me what it is and they are never nasty just intrigued so personally i wouldnt worry about. If Emily didnt like it she could always make the decision to remove it when she older.

This probably doesnt help much but just wanted to share my experience as someone with an obvious birthmark :D

2385657056_f4bc1b2c9e_m.jpg

this is eds.. some days it big today its small it depends how hot he is.. i think. its bigger than birth though.. everyone says it will fade dont worry.. time will tell i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back