Birth story

maria1976

Reaction score
Hello girls,

I actually have five minutes!!! This is the first time ive had with baby asleep :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Right here goes

Week 36 + 6

Sunday 12.30 am

Woke up after being in bed for an hour with waters broken, phoned hospital who said because i was just under 37 weeks :roll: could I come in so they could have a look at me, luckily my sister was here visiting after having the baby shower on the Friday so she drove Me and dave to the hospital.
When we arrived they had a brief look and monitered the baby for an hour and sent us home and was told to come back Monday morning at 9am to be induced down to being prone to infection as the waters had broken.

Monday 37 weeks

Up bright and early papping myself was hoping the contraction would have started of there own accord but NO!!! So went into hospital for 9 am was really emotional and scared and the inserted a pessary at 10am and was told it may take a few hours untl they transfered me to the labour ward, had like period pains, and was thinking yay i can cope with this!!!

About 5 they sent me up to the labour ward as was 2cm dilated by this stage was getting really excited and anxious at the same time, was told that I would be getting the hormone sytocinin (sp) to bring on the contractions..............................but they decided not to do this until 12.30 am when I was shattered LOL Oh and 3 cm. They started the hormone off slowly to start and I thought, hey this isnt so bad then almost immediatly after that thought, I had a huge contraction and nearly climbed up the wall LOL this proceeded with gas and air which sort of worked, but the contractions were coming wham bam every minute or so I cant really remember. The doc that examined me previously recommended an epidural but the midwife talked me out of it and said she was pissed of that the docs always recommend it to everyone :shock: and that I should wait a while. So I did, But I tell you they were coming so hard I couldnt cope anymore and begged them to do something NOW!!! About 5 mins later the lovely epidural lady came and boy did I sit still, I just thought I cant cope!!!

The epidural kicked in and all went well although its a weird sensations as I could move my legs and could really feel the pressure of the contractions in my ass but not pain so to speak.

Anyway the midwife said I should be fully dilated by about 9 in the morning but low and behold when she checked at 6am, I was 10 cm :cheer: :cheer: so got ready to push, which I did for 2 hours 45 minutes. At this point I was knackered but I though this baby IS coming out, but she wouldnt come the little sod. The consultant told me that they were going to take me to theatre for a ventouse delivery and if this didnt work then they would give me a c section, at this point I flatly refused and said NO!!! and the consultant then agreed to do a forceps delivery with an episiotomy, so he gave me a local anaesthetic down below, not sure why as id had the epi??? and he inserted the forceps and told me on the next contraction to push really hard and my baby would be born.
So at 8.45 am Ruby was here, it was the most emotional time of my life!!! Apparantly I lost a lot of blood and was a hair breadth away from having a blood transfusion.
And thats it girls.

Im not very good at explaining stuff so I hope it reads ok LOL This is the quick version of the story.

Oh nearly forgot I had 3 canulas also as had to have antibiotics given

Hun, you explained it perfectly!!

I had a very similar birth story, I felt the same. I didn't go through 18 hours of labour to be told I would need a c-section!!
I was preped for a c-section but after 18 hours I was determind to give birth! I had forceps delivery with an episiotomy, but hey! baby here in the end :hug:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thank you :D thats one delivery I wont forget in a while LOL XX

wow what a great story.. Glad everything turned out fantastic hun... xx One thing I don't understand about labour is when your waters break I thought that you lost amniotic fluid after that, so how come they can send you home and wait so long until delivery?

Thanks for posting

Congratulations- sounds like you had quite a rough time :hug: :hug: :hug:

YAY..... A NEW LIFE BEGINS FOR ALL OF YOU!!!

Believe me, all those christmas songs about new born kings and babies wrapped in swaddling clothes and all that stuff will trigger you off as you think about your little baby.

I had a very similar first birth in October 2000, to James now 7. I refused the epidural too when they put the drip in, two hours later I was BEGGING for it.

Congratulations to you and your family. WELL DONE!

xxx Vic

Pregnopaws said:
wow what a great story.. Glad everything turned out fantastic hun... xx One thing I don't understand about labour is when your waters break I thought that you lost amniotic fluid after that, so how come they can send you home and wait so long until delivery?

Its true, I was losing fluid all over the weekend, all I can say girls is stock up on maternity pads!!! for amniotic fluid and afterwards

midna said:
Welldone maria and congrats :hug:

Seems there is a few of us facing the same over the next week ...why dont these babies come when they are supposed to lol :roll: ..so it was great to read your birth story.

Take care of yourself and goodluck :hug: :cheer: :cheer:

My god just seen how far overdue you are, bloody hell time has flown by!!! Good luck honey hope he/she comes soon :cheer: :cheer:

sounds like u didnt have an easy time hun least u have ur lil one here now,
and congratulations on ur lil one

waouh, what a story!
i was worried about blood loss as well but i kepp telling myself that i'll be fine. thanks for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back