Birth story of emmsy29!

Emmsy29

Reaction score
Right well ive got half hour in ward and im bored so im gonna write down my labour story quick. As u all might know i done an update yesterday morning saying i think i was having contractions so went asda and done a shop. When i got home i was getting pains but nothing major. At 4pm decided might be good idea to pack a bag (because i was only 33wks i hadent packed one) so was sat on bed the my son when they started comin every 5mins so went down to hubby who called an ambulance. Within 5mins my contractions were a minute apart and in agony. Got to my labour room at 5:45pm and was told i was 5cm dilated and very soft so i asked for pethidine and using gas and air. By 7:15pm i needed to push but got told nothing was there but couldnt hold it anymore so pushed really hard to see what would happen and she flew out head and body!! Midwife couldnt believe it. Special care team came up and said she was breathing on her own but has an infection so whisked her off. She weighs 4lb 10oz and shes been up all night being a right sod for the midwife! Her infection levels should be 5 but there 17! And shes very jaundice so she has those glasses on but shes feeding by tube and mouth. As soon as i know how to put a picture on i will do. Sorry for long essay! Good luck everyone thats waiting! Xx

Wow! Sounds pretty dramatic. She sounds like a little tinker with th MW. Keep us posted on her progress. I hope you get some cuddle time with her soon.

Gosh what a quick labour! Looking forward to seeing a piccie! X

wow that really was a quick labour. Well done hun!! xx

What a story you'll have to tell her when she's older!

That was very quick!!!! Congratulations though she will be fine xxx

Wow really enjoyed reading your story!
Congratulations xxxxx

Wow Congratulations :) She wanted to be with you in time for Christmas! xx

Oh wow, well done lady. I'm sorry to hear about the infection, I hope that clears up v soon. Little love! U mug be in shock a bit? Hope u r resting well xxx

Lovely story! Congrats on baby girl! Hopefully you'll be home together before Christmas! :)

She really didnt want to stay in there did she?? Congrats again x

Wow...she must have been eager to see the world!! Keep us posted!!

:hugs:

Wow that was fast! glad your both okay, do you know how long she has to stay in SCBU for? xx

Oh wow! Well done to you and the gorgeous little girl - she was clearly desperate to meet her family! xxxxx

Well shes been taken off her drip and just been fed her first bottle (a teaspoon) which she can have twice a day others through the nose drip! Shes doing so well! They are doing a lumber puncture to see how the infection is and make sure its not meningitis. But shes a fighter and love her to bits! Xx

Aw congratulations hun.. Glad she is doing well. Hope you both make a speedy recovery and its safe to say she definitly wanted to be out :) xxx

Congrats - hope she makes a quick recovery and is home very soon x

I'm glad she is fighting the infection so well best of luck I hope you can get her home soon.

Wow that was quick! Congratulations! Hope you're able to feed her yourself soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back