Biggest electric bill known to man!!

charliebear

Reaction score
:wall2::wall2::wall2: AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!:wall2::wall2::wall2:

So OH has just read the meters and I put our readings to BG. Only to realise he's rounded the numbers up, so instead of 20000 I've submitted 30000!! :shock:

Thats going to be one huge Electric bill! :oooo:

Oh dear!! I had a gas leak at my outside meter but the gas man that came to replace it didn't phone in with the reading from the old meter, just took it away! So the next reading looked like the meter had gone round the clock and back to 000000 to start again. I got a bil for .......................£9675!!!! Funny thing was the company who billed me sent the bill and didn't seem to think that was odd in any way!!! :wall: Hope you get it sorted soon!! :)

Last edited:
Oh dear!! I had a gas leak at my outside meter but the gas man that came to replace it didn't phone in with the reading from the old meter, just took it away! So the next reading looked like the meter had gone round the clock and back to 000000 to start again. I got a bil for .......................£9675!!!! Funny thing was the company who billed me sent the bill and didn't seem to think that was odd in any way!!! :wall: Hope you get it sorted soon!! :)

OMG!! Cant believe the didnt update their records.
Actually I do believe it, I dont really trust utility companies much.
I didnt get anywhere with one company till I started laughing at them (litrally) :lol:

I've emailed them to explain I put a 3 instead of a 2 and updated our phone number. I'll give them a ring tomorrow, how dare they be closed on a Sunday! :lol:

They should sort it out 4 u....im wiv scottish power and submit my readings 3 monthly online...i did it dec and my bill went from 101 a month (dual fuel) to 199!! i thought it must b due to changin companies in the summer etc,it wasnt til i put my readings in feb in and it wouldnt let me cos the readings i had was less than the december 1...whoops,a quick phone call sorted it out,my bill went back down to 104...phew :)

Im trying to think who we are with funnily enough I think scottish power - In our old house for 3 months our bill was hitting £2000 for 3 months combined electric and gas! Moved out and they did nothing about it just made us (well OH lol) pay!

Ohhh lol. I got told my bill would be about £200 every 3months as everything is electric here and i got a bill from feb - april coz i changed electric companies and it was only £46 lol :s now i think i made a mistake changing to eon. My mum and dad had a new meter put in atthere house as there old one was old lol and now there bills gone up like £200 more then it was before x

Well I'd emailed on Sunday to explain. And they emailed Monday to say they had corrected it :) :yay:

Im trying to think who we are with funnily enough I think scottish power - In our old house for 3 months our bill was hitting £2000 for 3 months combined electric and gas! Moved out and they did nothing about it just made us (well OH lol) pay!

OMG where were you living?? Think there was a fault there somewhere :shock:
3 months for us is about £350 combined!

2k?! That cant be right! have you heard of that thingy where they use the wrong units and people get these massive rebates when they correct their system. I'd look into it if I were you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back