• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bigger bottles?

Mildly

Reaction score
Oscar has two bottles of formula a day and is breastfed the rest of the time. We make him up 9ox of water plus 9 scoops of powder which take him to approx. 10.5 oz per feed. (My HV was really impressed and said that it must mean my boobs were producing the same amount for each breastfeed). The thing is because he is only just over three months and has been having this amount for the past three maybe four weeks, I figure that at some point he is going to need more, he pretty much drains the bottle now at each feeding. I've looked around and can't find any other bottles that go above 9oz markings on the side. Is this because babies shouldn't be drinking so much? What do other Mums/Dads do when their LO needs more than 9oz, do you use two bottles?

Thanks.

Wow that is a LOT of milk! I don't think there are bigger bottles so I'd just have two made up so you could switch to one when the other runs out.

I know, by rights he should be the size of a barrel but he is a bit on the scrawny side instead. Thanks for the advice I will leave it a bit before I resort to two bottles, hopefully he will be ok for a little while yet! :D

"Scrawny"!! Poor thing :lol: he he, Id go with two bottles really... one out, one in..!

Make one up with like 8 or 9 oz in it, then the other with like 2-3oz as he starts drinking more etc... dont make two 9oz bottles, as you'll spend a fortune on formula he wont eat!!

I bet hes a porker before to long!! :D

Mam do bigger ones. We have 2 of them for his morning and night feed as he has 8/9oz then :D

330ml bottles :D

Thanks for the links :D I thought there had to be bigger bottles out there somewhere :)

And awww he isn't really scrawny, he just isn't all baby plump like babies should be :)

The NUK bottles we got are 300ml with room for another ounce or so still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back