"big" movements

I have been able to almost grab a little foot, which comes round to my side (in line with my thigh!). Is this normal? I didn't think the womb would go round the sides like this!

Last night, in bed, I thought I'd lost my amniotic fluid. It was as though I could feel everything - the outline of limbs etc. - when I touched my stomach (without even pressing in). It was weird. There seemed to be no cushioning between me and the baby, just the skin of my stomach. I haven't been leaking waters and today, the bits of the baby aren't so obvious again, but the movements are so big. I feel that s/he is kicking lumps out of me and my whole stomach shakes and wobbles when s/he moves. I can't remember whether this is normal at 30 weeks?

You're advised not to lie on your back in late pregnancy, but sometimes, if I try and lie on my right side, I feel the baby wriggling away from that side uncomfortably (as though I'm lying on his/her legs!).

Could anyone else feel so much at this stage? Or is it because my baby is lying in such an awkward position?

Oh, and I've been feeling the rhythmical, jerky "hiccuping" movements since last week, yet the baby book says you don't feel that till after 33 weeks...

I haven't felt any limbs or anything, but my whole tummy moves when LO is having amad moment. Also I've been feeling hiccups for about 2 weeks now (i'm 28+4), my DH can even feel the tiny twitching hiccups too!

I also find it difficult to lie on my side as he wiggles and kicks so much and it's an odd feeling, him trying to kick himself away from the matress :shock:

Today's movements have been massive and making me really tired, I have no idea how he is laying, but my right right is really getting it from either a knee or foot and it's really poking out.

You have my sympathies Wendy :hug:

I remember week 29-30 well because it was when we had Isaac's 4D scan, and for me I could feel his kicks very strongly, especially on my right side, especially every morning too, and also if I sat up without bending my legs his bum would stick out, and I wondered how close to my skin he was too, I think it all sounds fine but obviously check anything with your MW, as for when and why they kick we can only assume the reason, LO might be liking the position rather than being uncomfortable and I know they are now drinking lots more amniotic fluid and finding their hands to suck so LO will be busy doing that hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back