BFP

EllieG

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm new to this forum though have been in and out reading your posts. YOu all seem very friendly and supportive so I was hoping you wouldnt mind me asking a couple of questions! I've just found out I am expecting my third baby ( this morning in fact and my husbands away so havn't told any one yet !!!). How ever I am a little concerned. My last period was 12 August meaning that I am not due AF until saturday. I have a few symptoms so went and brought an ASDA test, it was VERY positive, a really dark line, do you think it might be multiple? There are twins in my family my grandma had twins, I'm not sure what to think. Any one else experienced this?
Would be gratefull for any advice
Thanks for listening.
xxx

Don't have any experience of it, but just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to the forum :cheer:

Could there be a chance you ovulated earlier which would make you 'more' pregnant?

Hiya, thanks for the reply. No I definately know when I ovulated and lso can pin point when this baby was conceived. Maybe its just the brand of test? Or me being paranoid! Feel very sick today which s still early for me? I lost a baby very early on in June so maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well will have to wait and see!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your news! :cheer: :dance:

I think it is hard to answer really.

My maternal grandmother is a twin and that does raise your chances having them in the family, each subsequent pg raises your chances and the older you are... so you do probably have a slightly higher chance.

However, when I was pg with my twinnies,I only got BFP after AF was due and I had no sickness whatsoever!....I actually felt a lot better thsn I did with this one!

With this one I got my BFP 5 days before my AF was due and everything is so different!

Saying that though having multiples again is something that does concern me.... have my scan on the 18th and my midwife and I know that there is a high chance of me having multiples again...

Good luck and I'm sure it will work out whether it to be 1 or 10!

:D

congratulations on your bfp!
would you mind if it was twins? i find the idea of twins really exciting and intriguing
Congrats again :cheer:

Hiya, :wave:

We have twins running through both sides of our families, my maternal nanna had 2 set of twin brothers, and my OH's mum has 2 sets of twin brothers too. When I did my test, I was a few days after my AF was due, and the line came really strong and bold and quick!

I had my scan on Monday, and there is definitely only one in there, so at least my wonderings have been answered. I would have been happy to have found out there was twins, but I can honestly say that I am a little releived they did only find one.

There is no way of knowing though until you have a scan, so try not to read too much into symptoms or anything,

Congrats on your BFP

Em x

congrats! My Boots test was very positive 2 days before AF was due, think it's just the test. Not sure if twins would make it much brighter that early? But let us know how you get on!

Hi, i literally started getting symptons within 2 days of ovulating and I had a very positive test 4 days before AF and am only having one. I don't want to worry you but I also stayed very sick until 4 months, I just don't think hormones agree with me!

It could be twins though, that would be exciting!

Hi everyone, thank you for your kind replies. No I wouldn't mind if it was twins, think OH may feel a little different though :) . I'm really pleased that I have got symptoms so early on, when I miscarried I knew that thing weren't right. Any way will let you know how I get on, thanks again
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back