BFP!! Fingers crossed...

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Clarebo, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Clarebo

Clarebo Member

Girls, I got a BFP at last, 11 days DPO. Still can't take it in. Am just delighted and relieved as well.
    We've been trying since the New Year. Obviously I can't be sure why it worked this time round, but I did do some things differently:
    1. This was the first cycle I charted. I'm so glad I did because OPK tests seem to almost always be positive for me, but I wasn't actually ovulating until much later in cycle (Day 28).
    2. This was also the first cycle since I stopped smoking.
    3. Before, I didn't have much EWCM, so last cycle I drank at least 2 cups of green tea a day and around ovulation took a swig of Boots Nirolex Chesty Cough relief about 3 times a day. This has an active ingredient in it, guaifenesin, which loosens up your mucous (the same ingredient is in Robotissin, which is a cough medicine which a lot of the American TTC sites talk about. The brand name isn't important - as long as guafenesin is the only active ingredient, it has the same effect. Make sure the ingredients don't include menthol or any derivative which can dry up CM). Anyway, a few days before O I was absolutely dripping in EWCM. Sorry to be blunt. And I really though I'd missed the boat because we BD'ed on Sunday and I didn't O until the Tuesday or Wednesday.
    I really hope that you all will have the same news asap.

2. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member

Big congratulations to you Clarebo, hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.
    Thanks for the tips on ttc, I have been using the OPK for the first time this month, but have heard mixed stories on it's success from other people. Was charting easy to do? I considered it but thought I'd try the sticks first as they sounded less complicated. Will be investing in a bottle of cough medicine though - I don't seen to have much cm this month compared to others don't know if that's normal?

3. rach

rach Well-Known Member

congratulations hun hope you have a happy healthy 9 months xxx
    p.s. can i ask what pregnancy test you used and how long before or after af you used it?
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Sarahe

Sarahe Well-Known Member

Congratulations Clarebo
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    on your BPF I wish you a healthy nine months

Sarah

xx

5. *sam*

*sam* Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D
    Hope you have a great 9 months!!

6. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Congratulations and a big well done to you!!!!

Stick with us and we will keep you sane through all the wierd and wonderful symptoms!

Well done! :D :D :D

7. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

WOW congratulations... wishing you the best 9 months... thank you for sharing your secret weapon with us! i'm off to boots.

happy pregnancy

8. Clarebo

Clarebo Member

Rach - My cycle is all over the place so I wasn't sure when AF was due as I'd ovulated later than usual. I used a tescos test 11 dpo and got a very faint line, and on same day I used a Clearblue digital, which said Negative. So the next day I used Tescos again, and there was nothing! But when I used the Clearblue digital, it was a BFP. Eventually Tescos gave me a BFP at 13 DPO. I have spend a fortune!!

9. rach

rach Well-Known Member

thanks for replying clarebo it seems from what ive read on here the cheaper brands are better congratulations again :D hoping to join u soon xxxxxx

10. Lorrie

Lorrie Well-Known Member

Congratulations Clarebo :lol:
    Lorrie

11. ree77

ree77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

xoxo Ree