BF positions

maldives

Reaction score
I've been tought in the hospital to BF while both me and the baby are lying down on bed..who else practises this method??and is there any other method more effective or safer for baby??

i feed lying down - mostly cos i'm lazy :lol: :lol: i co-sleep, so connor feeds off me when he's lying next to me. and i feed on the sofa during the day time in the same way cos i can get 40 winks then too :wink:

i don't think there are ways that are more or less effective - its just what works for the individual mum & baby.

I lay her across my front while im sat up with a pillow underneath her... Lay in bed (at night or when shes tired) with her next to me... Sit her on my knee facing me if we're in public but its a bit awkward now shes bigger :)

I do the cradle during the day and when out and about and lying down at night as i co-sleep also. I must admit i do find the lying down more painful on my sore nips tho as i can feel the sucking motion more. x

For the first few days I could only feed lying down, before progressing to sitting in a chair with logan lying on a pillow on my lap.

Now I feed in a cradle hold during the day and lying down at night.

I think lying down is perfectly safe, much safer than sitting up in a chair at night when its easy to fall asleep

I feed in my arms most of the time. If i'm being lazy, or at 6am i feed lying down. It is so much easier. They encouraged it in hospital as she needed as much of my body temperature as she could.

I don't like feeding laying down and much prefer to sit up. I tend to feed in bed using a pillow to support LO and in the early days guided his head to my boob and helped him latch. My arm held him secure. However once he had the hang of it I don't do any of that, he just targets the nipple and zooms in :lol:

When sitting on the bed or the chair if on my left boob he lies across with his legs going right. I used to use the rugby ball hold for my right boob where his legs go round my side toward my back. Now I just have him laying across the opposite way with his feet pointing left. I don't hold him anymore as he is too blooming heavy.

Why not ask your MW or HV to show you the other positions to feed in? Both will be more than happy to help show you other ways to feed. Besides when you go out and need to feed, lying down isn't always a practical option so an upright one is always handy to know ;) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back