Bethany Amelia 8/4/08 weighing 5lb 9.5oz

littleem

Reaction score
Thought i would right my birth story, whilst i've got time although i might not remember it all.
It started at about 8pm on the sun night 6th april, started getting bad period pains, they kept coming and going, but i didnt honestly think i was in labour because i was 37+3 so just thought it was growing pains, anyway rang birth centre they said prob head engaging, however i couldnt sleep at all and they seemed to be getting more painful, so i rang back at 3am they told me to come in and be checked out.
Got to the birth centre, and i was still talking and laughing so i could tell they presumed i wasnt in labour, but to the midwives shock i was, i was 3cm dilated. My contractions were quite far apart, she was very surpised, anyway i managed for a while without pain relief, then had gas and air.
At 9am i was 5cm dilated, and i was told the baby would be born monday night before tea time.
At the next examination though at about 1pm i was only 4cm dilated, this really baffled the midwives as they hadnt really seen this before ( i just like to be awkward) my contractions had stopped altogether and they were ready to send me home, but babys heartbeat increased, they were considering breaking my waters.But after monitoring for a while i was sent to labour ward until labour started again.
Anyway pain got worse and worse and at 11pm i eventually asked for pethidine, at 11.10 my waters broke, and i soon wanted to start pushing, baby bethany amelia came into the world at 01.25 after a long labour weighing 5lb 9 1/2 0z, i had a small tear and needed stitches, but it was all worth while. I am glad i didnt have much pain relief too.

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

Gorgeous name! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back