Best pregnancy tests?

clarey

Reaction score
Hi ladies, can someone recommend preg tests I can buy online or in Tescos, I am a bit confused whether some are not as reliable as others and dont want to spend a fortune...

Dont think I am pg but AF is nearly a week late going by the length of my last cycle and since I'm not sure when exactly I ov'd this month (if at all?) I am a bit confused. Trying not to symptom spot so I wont be disappointed, but lack of AF is hard to ignore!! :) Thought I had better test before I go to docs to try and sort my cycles out. Also last AF was v light so maybe even pg then but thought I would 'feel' pg by now if that was the case...sorry running into another topic now!!

Thanks!!

Try ebay: I bought about 10 for £1 on there, they are only little test strips (nothing posh or in big fancy cases etc) but they do the job and are ultra early tests so detect HCG really early on. I also had a Clearblue (non-digital as I got a false positive one one of those in the past) one in the draw to re-confirm the BFP once I was officially late but the 10 sticks for £1 or something silly were fantastic. Store brands like Tesco etc are usually really good too. Most of them are pretty reliable to be honest so don't be put off thinking the most expensive ones are better....in honesty you need to be 'late' to use them as they detect much higher levels of HCG than some like Clearblue and so forth.

Tescos own make are great- I got a bfp at 10dpo that was much clearer than with clearblue.

They are £3.88 for 2

i used tesco, clearblue and a 89pone from home bargains, all of which were very reliable

I use tescos and have always found them to be excellent! x

I used a £1.99 one from the chemist when I was 5 weeks and got a negative! So off I went to the pub! :oops:

Then two weeks later I did a clearblue non-digital. You know how they say pee on stick and wait 3 mins? Well I hadn't finished peeing and the blue cross appeared!

So, now that i've picked myself up off the bathroom floor and cleaned up the mess :shock: i'd never recommend the £1.99 ones!!!

xxx

cool, thanks guys, wasnt sure if supermarket ones would be any good, think I will pop along to tescos...

congrats on all your bfps, lots of luck for healthy pregnancies :clap:

I've used sainsbury (£5.45 for 2), they were good, poundland (£1 for 3)but they were very thin and delicate, also wilkinson do good cheap ones and we have a shop called buyology (formerly hypervalue) and they are good at £1 for 2, also ebay ones.

I would suggest cheapie ones then confirm with a better brand to make sure.

best of luck, keep us informed

When I first started TTC I used the expensive ones thinking they were best....then went on to the really cheap ones from poundland, and gave up on them thinking they were not good enough. Eventually I gave up testing myself as I think I found it more stressful.

The very next month I felt different and just by chance I saw tescos had a pack of 2 for under £4. Went home with them and tested possitive.

The Tescos tests are at a reasonable price and are very clear and easy to use. I have recommended them several times since.

I use the cheapest ones from ebay, I find them very reliable - they are always BFN and they're right :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back