Best pregnancy tests for early testing?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Lilalylola, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Lilalylola

Lilalylola Well-Known Member

Hi all!

does anyone know what pregnancy tests are best for early testing? I used to use Superdrug ones, but I don’t see them in the stores anymore. Thanks!

2. Littleperson

Littleperson Well-Known Member

I got my first faint bfp on a one step! They’re super cheap online but do sometimes give false hope with slight grey lines! But I knew was deffo start of bfp for me this time because was the first time I saw pink instead of grey! So if you know what you’re looking for on them they’re good xx

3. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

Don't even bother with first response, they've gone awful! Give evaps and see an indent line on every test.

4. Lilalylola

Lilalylola Well-Known Member

I bought some and did one and a very faint line came up within the first 3 minutes I think it’s a Evap, I’m pretty pissed off with frer, they’re nothing like they were a year or so ago. Also the Superdrug sensitive ones have vanished, im at a loss which tests I should use now lol

5. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

I vote any pink dye test with low sensitivity.

6. xMillie

xMillie Well-Known Member

I always thought frer tests were good? Unless they really have changed.

I remember the Superdrug ones being really awful, I’m glad they’ve finally removed them. I used them before on my one of the testing days of ivf and they always had a faint pink line. You could dip them in water and get a faint line.

Best thing, in my opinion, to do is to not test early. If you’ve missed your period and are pregnant you’d get a decent line on any reliable test (or even a positive on a cb weeks) instead of wondering about evaps or squinters. It’s really not worth the stress.

chattychar1990 likes this.
  7. BlondeP

BlondeP Well-Known Member

Amazon do packs of dippy sticks for like, £2.99 for 30! Showed good lines for my last pregnancy from 13 days xxxx