Best ointment for really bad nappy rash in 18m old?

Juzza

Reaction score
Hiya,

Jakey has had bad diarrhoea with his big teeth coming through and so consequently has got the worst nappy rash he's ever had.

He's never really had it before i usually just use sudocrem regularly and that seems to keep it at bay.

His bum and perineum is red raw bless him. The pharmacist suggested Metanium but it seems really thick and he shakes and cries when i put it on his bum. Have only used it since this arvo so am all for gettin something different/better in the morning. Any recommendations?

Also anyone know the one about not giving cow's milk if baby's got diarrhoea? My childminder mentioned it earlier.

Any help appreciated.
Juz xxx

suducrem - plaster it on thts what i do and it always lears it - i have tried that melillum (SP) and didnt like it and it didint seem to work , honestly tho suducrem with every nappy change ohh and if it is very bad change his bum as soon as it is wet - whip it off and plaster him in sudocrem.

i even use it on christophers eczema on his bottom and it keeps that under control as well

if the sudo crem is no hope may be take him to the GP incase its turning fungal - christophers nppy rash did once but soon cleard with anti - fungal.

i hope it get better for the both of u soon, its so awful for them when they have sore bottys - poor mite - for u both ---- :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks so much Rhian,

I always plaster sudocrem on anyways and also use it on Jacob's eczema but it just looked so sore earlier :( i thought it was worth seeing if there was anything stronger.

At least Sudocrem is quite wet and spreads easily without dragging the skin so i think i'll use it throughout the night as he's bound to wake bless him.

Has anyone tried Bepanthen? I hear mw's recommend it. Am getting desperate but hopefully won't last long if his diarrhoea stops.

Juz
xxx

i have tried beliptum (sp) thats pretty good its thin creamy coloured ointment - really easy to rum on their sore bottys - have a go with that its a little expensive but worh every penny if it clears it for him.

let me know what clears it for him so ill know what to use next time.

hope hes better soon poor mite :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Rhian will let you know.

He only woke once last night but winced everytime i wiped him love him.

Managed to plaster sudocrem on so it does seem a little less sore today and this morning he didn't seem to mind me cleaning him so much.

Fingers crossed it'll all be over soon x

Metanium is fabukous.

Sudocrem doesn;t work for us :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER