• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

best dummies for breastfed babies?

jills10uk

Reaction score
we're thinking we may have to relent and give LO a dummy as he does an awful lot of comfort sucking, especially at night when we're trying to get him to bed (can take up to 3 hours of up, a suck on me or DH finger and then down and repeat) so i was wondering what sort of dummies any of you mums that are breastfeeding use. i don't want him to get confused and not take breast.

We used these from NUK to help avoid nipple confusion and so he kept sucking the right way when on my boobs. Never had any problems and he is more or less done with using them now at 4 months. They were great for swapping over when he comfort sucked and also when his colic was bad.

http://shop.nukbaby.co.uk/products.aspx?cID=24

:)

I don't know if these are 'the best' per se, but we just used the Avent newborn (0-3 months) dummies and had no issues with nipple confusion. Same as Sherlock, at 4 months DD is wanting the dummy less and less.

I had to try a few and eventually settled on Mam ones but he has now ditched them in favour for his thumb/fist/whatever he can fit :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back