Best cups to use for breast feeders?

Sarah13

Reaction score
So I've given up with bottles now and thinking to try Kynon with a cup instead, anyone recommend a good cup to try when still exclusively breast feeding?

Is it a sippy cup??

I'm not sure what to recommend but the nhs childsmile woman says now your not supposed to use ones you need to suck (bad for their mouths) she left me a tommee tippee one that doesn't need to be sucked. loool

Check the flow coz some are fast flowing.

Good luck

:)

They gave me one of those too, just not tried it yet but thought a cup might be another option instead of a bottle if I go for a night out.

Give that one a try Sarah, i dont think there is any age restrictions. If he takes it, thats a start eh!

Try & even offer it often throughout the day (first couple of times they normally wont take something new like dummy/cup) keep trying it tho

Yeah I'll give it a go, do you think I should put breast milk in it or something different like water or formula?

Hi chick....sorry to gatecrash but having the same problem....which cup is this please? Would like to try :) thank you xx

Smith - its a tommee tippee cup we were given by a weaning programme (they come out to your house)

Yeah Sarah try breastmilk first, then water.

Let us know how you get on

I have always used a sippy cup with Georgie hun and it's been great!

As a side note - breastfed babies have the ability so use a straw cup - something to do with having to suck harder to get milk than a bottle fed baby. So if all else fails and you need a night off give it a try x

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

We have tryed evey sippy cup going the only thing LO would drink from is This now at 1 she will drink from fruit shoot bottles so we save them and clean then, out and let her drink from that on the move. She also likes to drink from straws from 10 months on.

We tried his sippy cup with breast milk and he took a little so it's a start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back