benefits

adele88

Reaction score
Just wondering does any know what benefit you get from jobcentre when you are pregnant? Im currently getting income support and carers allowance will this change or stay the same?

You're best speaking to someone from the Job centre hun - i'm totally crap when it comes to money so i'm no help i'm afraid! I spoke to them about my maternity pay and they were ever so helpful x

Id probably consider going to Citizens Advice, only because I sometimes find job center a bit crap. Or have a look on the net. Last time I went in they told me to go look the internet. NOT very helpful.

Im still waiting for my income support to kick in :(

When pregnant I stayed the same.. Apart from getting the 2 grants.. And when baby came, my income support went up to £65 a week instead of £50, you get £20 child benefit & tax credits depending on your circumstances x

Id probably consider going to Citizens Advice, only because I sometimes find job center a bit crap. Or have a look on the net. Last time I went in they told me to go look the internet. NOT very helpful.

Im still waiting for my income support to kick in :(

thanks im going to speak to them on friday see what they advice me think it stays the same though

Hiya,
Have you worked recently? You can only get maternity allowance or statutory maternity pay if you have worked in something like the last year and a half. If you haven't worked then it's just income support, but that does go up when you have a dependent. If not working you should get full child tax credits too, but I think this depends on household rather than just your income.
Hope this helps!

Hiya,
Have you worked recently? You can only get maternity allowance or statutory maternity pay if you have worked in something like the last year and a half. If you haven't worked then it's just income support, but that does go up when you have a dependent. If not working you should get full child tax credits too, but I think this depends on household rather than just your income.
Hope this helps!

well i got paid off in july last year so no havent worked in a while. Well im on income support the now and also get carer allowance for my mum so does this stay the same or change

am going to take a trip down to citzens advice next week to make sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back