belly belly belly!

titch

Reaction score
Urgh I feel awful at the mo, I know Im supposed to get bigger being pregnant and all but it feels like my whole abdomen is bigger, not just the part where the baby is but the top too. Im really worried Im gaining weight quickly, as some of you might have read Ive been referred for glucose tolerance test and Im so worried Ive got gestational diabetes. I think that I eat healthily but Im keeping a food diary to show them.

Has anyone heard of this happening with gestational diabetes?? Or is it just my baby making room and pushing everything up. Feeling gross :(

I really don't know about the diabetes hunny but i think its pretty normal to be starting to show and grow about now :hug: xx

I definitely wouldn't worry at this stage hun :)

I really hope its baby and not weight, if I am gaining, I really dunno what to do about it, I dont really wanna starve myself, Im wondering whether, because I limit my carbs usually to manage my weight, being pregnant Im deliberately eating more, but low GI like wholegrain bread and brown rice. I dunno, the only sugar I eat/drink is fruit.

My whole abdomen has got huge, im talking the top part too hun xx

some people just gain weight during pregnancy, i'm one of them! I don't eat any differently to the way i do when i'm not pregnant (if i can remember that far back :lol:) but i gain shed loads of weight. It comes off pretty quickly after, specially if you BF xx

My whole abdomen has got huge, im talking the top part too hun xx

Im so glad to hear you say that. This diabetes thing makes me want to cry, especially as they said my BMI ws 31 on friday...31!!!!

Like I said Im keeping a food diary, but Im a bit annoyed, cos Ive always battled with my weight and Im the only one in my family with these problems. Even my mum always said I dont eat enough to justify my weight. Over the years Ive been to the doc about it, and also my excessive tiredness, about 4-5 times and had reems of bloods, always "no action" result. But I have NEVER been asked to do a fasting bloodtest, and since this suggestion of gestational diabetes Ive been researching diabetes in general and read that the only way to diagnose it. So now Im angry that I couldve literally had diabetes since I went through puberty and never been diagnosed. :wall2:

sorry, Im ranting, Im just so fed up cos I spend so much time and effort thinking about what I eat, once I tried paulmckennas programme and it basically says stop worrying about what you eat and listen to your own hunger and stop when you're full, well I did that and gained 2 stone in a month. The programme bans you from weighing yourself but once none of my clothes fit me I stood on the scales and chucked it all in the bin!! Took me a year to lose it, thanks very much Paul!!

rant rant rant rant...clearly hormonal and sick of all this....rant rant rant

my BMI is 31 too, thats why i keep getting grief off the consultant :( xx

my BMI is 31 too, thats why i keep getting grief off the consultant :( xx

If you ever find yourself tempted....STEP AWAY from Paul Mckenna books/CDs/TV programmes!!

By the way, my BMI is 31, but its because I am undertall, Im not overweight ;)

:rofl: thays awesome........i'm just a cat funt :oops: xx

If it makes you feel any better, we're not big enough to be a participant in a study of obese pregnant women in Wales. Ive been univnited cos Im too thin :) Doesnt happen often!!

Im off to slimming world on thursday, should be marvelous, then back in the morning for my glucose tollerance test. I would propose that I am very intollerant of glucose, it is, in fact, my arch enemy.

Ha love it Tiny, glad i'm not the only one get a telling off about my weight! Just to say that i was congratulated by somebody on my pregnancy yesturday whom i hadn't told - she just took one look at my tummy and guessed - it was a bit embarasing when i had to tell her i was only 12 weeks hehe, eveyone else (well freinds) just point and laugh saying are you sure its not triplets! So i shouldn't worry about getting big i think its just everything being pushed up. I haven't dared weigh myself since my booking app - but am eating heathily - i can't even get into the extra sized clothes i bought at 7 weeks - thank goodness for stretchy waist bands lol

I didn't know BMI was relevant when you are pregnant? I feel gross and fat too if thats any consolation, I've also gone extra ugly - spots, rammy hair. It wasn't like this last time, I'm really pissed off. Just thought I'd join in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back