• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

being signed off work

tracey 2

Reaction score
hope someone here might be able to help,

but if you have been signed off work by doctor can you come into work at all even if it was your own decision?

just girl at work got signed off woth stress or depression stuff and she took first day off then decided she wanted to be back next day and then just came on and off shift as she felt like it during week and she still signed off this week but work took her certificate and said it was fine if she felt ok coming in then that was up to her,

but surely there is so law or something that means if your signed off for any reason you shouldnt be on work premisies?

if anyone can help would appreciate that so i know where i stand tommorrow and can speak to her and explain she seems to think its all great having few days off etc but i said if she wanted couple days off whatever she should have just done a sicky

:hug: :hug:

Not 100% sure but I think for insurance purposes if you have been signed off you can't return to work until the doctor has confirmed that you are fit to do so. So if she has a valid sick line covering til say 5th Sept she would need to get a line from her doctor stating that she is fit to return to work before this date.

I think this is correct but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me :D

cheers for that hun i need to get all my facts striaght before i say anything but work dont seem bothered really bout it all :think:

as far as i know if u signed of work you can go back if you should feel better but this does depend on the reason why you are signed off

as my other half was signed off work for back pain but never atually stoped work but just let them knew and worked the week but look it easy

When I was signed off after my appendicitis, I actually had to get a doctor's note that allowed me to go back to work early (was bored out of my skull), as otherwise there would have been insurance problems.

For insurance purposes if you are signed off you can't work.

The doctor can write another note saying you are fit for work though.

hope someone here might be able to help,

but if you have been signed off work by doctor can you come into work at all even if it was your own decision?

just girl at work got signed off woth stress or depression stuff and she took first day off then decided she wanted to be back next day and then just came on and off shift as she felt like it during week and she still signed off this week but work took her certificate and said it was fine if she felt ok coming in then that was up to her,

but surely there is so law or something that means if your signed off for any reason you shouldnt be on work premisies?

if anyone can help would appreciate that so i know where i stand tommorrow and can speak to her and explain she seems to think its all great having few days off etc but i said if she wanted couple days off whatever she should have just done a sicky

:hug: :hug:

Not 100% sure but I think for insurance purposes if you have been signed off you can't return to work until the doctor has confirmed that you are fit to do so. So if she has a valid sick line covering til say 5th Sept she would need to get a line from her doctor stating that she is fit to return to work before this date.

I think this is correct but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me :D

cheers for that hun i need to get all my facts striaght before i say anything but work dont seem bothered really bout it all :think:

as far as i know if u signed of work you can go back if you should feel better but this does depend on the reason why you are signed off

as my other half was signed off work for back pain but never atually stoped work but just let them knew and worked the week but look it easy

When I was signed off after my appendicitis, I actually had to get a doctor's note that allowed me to go back to work early (was bored out of my skull), as otherwise there would have been insurance problems.

For insurance purposes if you are signed off you can't work.

The doctor can write another note saying you are fit for work though.

An employer should not allow anyone back to work that has been signed of sick until their line as expired or the doc writes another note that supercedes the sick note.

If anything were to happen to that girl at work whilst she was off sick the company would be held liable and their insurers would not cover them. So basically your company are taking a huge risk allowing her to work.

i dont think u can go to work if ur signed off as ur not insured? :think:

thanks girls for your advice came into work today and she turned up so i asked for her docs cert to say she was able to come back to work but she said that she hadnt been there and that she felt better and that she was going to come to work,

i said no can do and that she will have to go home and not be here another supervisor then said why she going home we short staffed and tried to get her to stay but soon as a big boss came in i explained and said no so then had to tell them about last week as i didnt know but she was fine with it and had right go at my other manager who knows better,

so hopefully she wont be back rest of this week,

thanks for help girls :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back