Being sick after feed, and then still hungry??

DDS

Reaction score
The last day my little one feeds for a decent amount of time, but then vomits some up, and then still appears hungry.
Do i carry on feeding her?
Or does her vomiting mean she has eaten to much?

I was hoping someone would have answered this!
I am wondering the same thing!

Are you winding enough?

How much is she bringing up? everything?

My son was doing this and he was diagnosed as having reflux.

The docs prescribed infant gaviscon to go in his bottles and its worked a treat.

Depends on how much they are being sick though? As urchin said is it just coming up as not fully winded or is it constant :think:

xxx

does she appear in pain or discomfort when feeding or throwing up?
sorry to be gross but is it just milk coming back up? and does it smell aciddy like propper adult sick? just other symptoms of reflux. Dylans also a sufferer. its easily treated, maybe do a search on infant reflux see if you can match the symptoms?

Or it could just be that she fed for longer than needed.

xx

I think with my baby it's just milk coming back up... it doesn't smell bad... he seems keen to go back on the boob shortly afterwards.

kmac said:
I think with my baby it's just milk coming back up... it doesn't smell bad... he seems keen to go back on the boob shortly afterwards.

hmm... :think: im no expert so maybe someone will correct me if im wrong but if theres no distress or anything i wonder if your LO is maybe just feeding too fast then? or maybe just a "sicky" baby? i'd just keep an eye on it, maybe ask your HV if your concerned? and keep bibs handy! :)

I've no expreience of reflux or anything, but when my milk came in, until about four or six weeks old Lucy was sicky. Most of the time it was my fresh milk that came straight back out, but it was loads and would soak me, sometimes it was a little bit after feeding and would smell as it had been in her stomach longer.

Thankfully it was something she outgrew, as I imagine it was a combination of her being greedy and me having a fast let down so I think she was gulping loads and bringing it back up as there was too much in her tum.

It seemed loads at the time, and would require clothing changes for the pair of us! But, she continued to put on weight and it got better once I'd really mastered winding.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=92376&p=1171323&hilit=posseting#p1171323

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back