• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

being induced

mrs h

Reaction score
Okay so im 10 days overdue and really fed up :( .
Im due to be induced on tues making me 12 days overdue, but that is if they can fit me in as they are already have too many ladies being induced that day.I am really nervous and would like to hear other peoples experiences of being induced.Are you allowed to move around after you have had the gel and you have been monitored?

Also this may sound like a stupid question but once you have had the gel and if you are able to walk around the hospital are you allowed to change to normal clothes rather than nightie and dressing gown.
I have also heard you are not allowed to drink or eat whilst you are on the drip but what about once you have had the gel?

I was induced with the pessery and i had to stay in bed for 1 hour after they did it to give it chance to work then i was allowed to go for a walk and stuff, could eat and drink too if i wanted. Mine started working after the 1st hour so i can't answer your other questions, sorry.

I was Induced and i was so worried i spent alot of time on the loo before hand :oops: (Sorry TMI) many ppl told me it would be ok but i didnt believe them but i can honestly say hand on heart its really not as bad as it seems!!

I was induced with a pessary and was able to move about for a short while afterwards, they like to monitor you every so often to check if baby is coping with it all but inbetween i was up and about! I wore my nightie for when they inserted the pessary but i changed back into my original clothes afterwards.
I'm not sure if the gel is anything like the pessary but i know i was able to eat and drink as much as i liked.

Try not to worry hun, i know its easier said than done though!
I hope you LO comes naturally beforehand :hug:

Mica
xXx

:D I was induced at ten days over,they used the gel,for which I had to lie on my side for an hour after and monitored,but I could eat and drink.
I had one on the Friday at around 8.30 PM,and had what I thought were contractions at around every 10 mins starting at 1 AM - these stopped at around 5AM,so it was suggested that they were in fact prostin pains.
I then had another gel on the Saturday at around 11.15,this one did 'eff all!
Once the gel had had time to work,I was free to do whatever I wanted then,walk,eat,bath,whatever....
Luckily enough for me I was dilated enough for them to break my waters,which they did on the Sunday at around 4.30 PM - didn't take long then.

Looking back,what annoys me is that on the Friday when I had the internal before the gel,the midwife said I was around 2-3cm dilated,and my cervix was in a good position ,so they were considering breaking my waters then....I wouldn't have had to stop in the hospital if they'd done that!!!!

Hiya
I have been induced twice.
Like the others say, you are able to walk around after initial monitoring. The second time I was induced they just broke my waters instead of a pessary because I was apparently "ready to go"
I got changed back into normal clothes and went for a cuppa in the cafe and stuff. We walked around outside loads, it was a shame we weren't allowed out of the hospital grouds as it was close to the town centre and I wanted to go shopping :lol: We just walked big circles instead.

The drip can make things pretty painful, so just be ready :)

GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back