being induced on tues

mrs h

Reaction score
I have posted this here as well as ask a mum section as i know quite a few mums still come on here to chat.
Okay so im 10 days overdue and really fed up .
Im due to be induced on tues making me 12 days overdue, but that is if they can fit me in as they are already have too many ladies being induced that day.I am really nervous and would like to hear other peoples experiences of being induced.Are you allowed to move around after you have had the gel and you have been monitored?

Also this may sound like a stupid question but once you have had the gel and if you are able to walk around the hospital are you allowed to change to normal clothes rather than nightie and dressing gown.
I have also heard you are not allowed to drink or eat whilst you are on the drip but what about once you have had the gel?

Hi Mrs H! Firstly good luck on Tuesday and hope you do get to be induced as it must be driving you nuts all this waiting! I too was induced, I was 12 days late (I think!). Firstly the MW did a sweep and while she was up there she dropped in a propess pessary tab, it's the samething as the gel but in tab form which slowly disolves. I had to lay down for a hour after it was administered and was then encourage to go on a walk about - as it was approaching 12pm I desided to go with my OH down to the car park (as between 12- 14 it was 'quite' time on the ward, so he had to leave). On my way back to the ward I decided to take the stairs 5 flights up and by the time I got back I could feel the contraction starting, by 14pm they were definately getting quite strong and by 16pm my waters broke and I was taken to the delivery suite. Fair enough it doesn't always go as quickly so I was lucky. But in between I also had a bath, so if your hospital is anything like mine you should be allowed to be mobile after you've been induced. If there is anything else let me know and good luck, hope your induction goes quickly and smoothly! Look forward to reading your birth story!! :hug:

oooooh hope it goes well for u mrs h!!!

hope to read ur birthstory very soon!! :cheer: :cheer:

Hi I can't offer you any advice but I am due to be induced on friday afternoon if I havn't gone in to labour naturally. I had a show yesterday and a small amount again this morning but no other signs really. It is so frustrating being over due isn't it. Anyway I hope all goes well for you and hopefully it won't be long until you have your little baby in your arms. GOOD LUCK :D

Have replied to this is the 'Ask a Mum' bit but just wanted to wish you luck and i'm sure everything will be fine! :hug:

Hiya hun, I was induced but had the tablets not the gel, Im guessing there botht he same anyway.

When I got into the hospital they firstly hocked me up to a monitor and took BP etc. When I had the tablets I wasnt aloud to leave my bed for an hour each time, to let the tablets settle in and baby was being monitored. After that hour I wasnt aloud to leave the ward, but aloud to walk around, go to the loo etc. Think it took about 3 or 4 attempts for the tablets to kick in. I was in my PJs all the time I was there.

If your being induced I dont think they allow you to leave the ward, well my hospital wont anyway :?

Good luck hun :hug: xx

Good luck for tomorrow Mrs H, and thanks for asking about the procedure as I am due to be induced at the end of the week and was wondering the same things!!

thanks for everyones advice although im still nervous and burst into tears today as i cant relax thinking about tomorrow.Will let everyone know how it goes. :)

mrs h said:
thanks for everyones advice although im still nervous and burst into tears today as i cant relax thinking about tomorrow.Will let everyone know how it goes. :)

Aww love you **squeezes** :hug: I know its hard but try not to think of the bad things e.g the pain... think of what you'll have at the end of it :D and then remember to come on here when you get home and post baby pics lol :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back