been to hosp all day. going back monday. please induce me!!!

mrsbrickelltobe

Reaction score
hi all
went to mt normal antenatal this morning and midwife panicked me by saying ooohh you have +++glucose in your water, then she measures me and says leanne your measuring 40 weeks at 36+5. i want you down hosp now for growth scan and to see consultant.

off i trotted to consultant.... felt and said i was big, and she thinks baby is engaged..

cant scan me til monday morning, talked me through possibilities

1. either big baby, perhaps due to gestational diabetes (even though my GTT tests came back fine) if scan shows measuring 40wks+ theyll induce me :cheer:

or 2. i have too much fluid, this worried me as she then went on to say something about perhaps baby isnt swallowing enough, so theyll need to do a detailed scan on her (does this mean her kidneys arent working? anyone know???)

anyway since then ive been in almighty pain, both down below and behind, lots of pressure in my noonoo bum and back. might just be wanting to believe it but im convincing myself im starting early as i recognise the "pressure" feel from my first born.

either way ive been told to bring my bag monday "just in case" :dance: :cheer:

Im sure you have nothing to worry about and they are just being careful but you may have your baby very soon thats very exciting.

:cheer: :hug: :cheer: :hug: :cheer: :hug:

can only answer excess fluid question - I had waaay too much fluid and ended up delivering at 32 weeks - to a perfectly healthy baby. So it can be just one of those things. And I measured 40 weeks before I was 30 weeks so it was a lot.

Hope its good news :hug:

i'm not sure which it could be but just saying good luck and everything will be fine :D :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back