Been for sweep and left with questions

beckybean

Reaction score
Hello all
Well just been for a sweep at 40+4 and I will be honest in that it did hurt a wee bit but I was expecting that.
Midwife said that I had a posterior cervix which she tried to walk forward, I am going back in again on Thursday if baby hasn't made an apperance (realy hoping he/she does)
I am slightly confused after this appointment and wondered if anyone had had anything similar? Will it affect my labour ect?
Much prefer asking you guys than daring to Google!
Thanks, Xx

I was only 1cm when they did mine and mine was far back or something its all confussing but within mins my contractions got stronger, so anything could happen it may work for you, good luck x

Thanks Miss Marie; I asked about dialation and engaged etc but she said she couldn't really tell with my cervix, so confused but too sore to sit around and ask more questions! Xx

I had my first sweep last week and was told that my cervix was posterior and thick! Think from her comments this meant that cervix was not ready for labour. I have been again today ( 6 days on) and I am 3cm dilated, cervixis soft and stretchy and central. Sweeps work different on everyone so you will just have to keep fx it's worked! Try dtd and nipple tweaking is what my MW advised! Good luck xxx

Thanks Cath, hoping the second one (if needed) goes better although I am slightly nervous now I know what to expect!
Hubby is willing to try anything now to get baby out so has suggetsed dtd which normally has him running for the hills in my preggers state; might be tomorrow as slightly tender still.
Xx

Can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run!!

:hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back