Bedtime!

Aisha83

Reaction score
My lb is 15 months old and his bedtime is 6.30pm he is then asleep by 6.45pm is this bed time to early? Because he constantly wakes in the night (today he woke at 2am and stayed awake until 3.30am) he then wakes permanently at 5.30am. I'm exhausted because he wakes almost every hour. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you look on the internet this is what they say. so maybe not early enough. I dunno thou

The 15 Month Schedule
WAKE AND MILK FEED5:00 AM
icon-wake.png

BREAKFAST6:00 AM
181301_BabyFoodBowl_60x60-01-1.png

OPTIONAL SNACK (CAN BE SMALL MILK FEED)8:00 AM
icon-feed.png

LUNCH9:30 AM

NAPTIME10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
icon-nap.png

MILK FEED1:00 PM
icon-feed.png

OPTIONAL SNACK2:30 PM

DINNER3:30 PM

BATH4:15 PM
icon-bath.png

BOTTLE AND BOOK4:45 PM
icon-feed.png

BEDTIME5:00 PM

I did actually put him to bed at 5pm when the clocks changed and he did seem to sleep through the night the first few nights then it went back to him waking up every hour.

Might be sleep regression. It will get better, just hang in there!
I always put my DD to bed at around 8:30pm when she was younger, maybe you could try to extend it by 30 minutes every few days and see how it goes? Maybe aim for 8pm?x

It's only too early if you don't want to get up at 5am lol. 6:30-5:30 is 11hrs so that's a long sleep really! My daughter is 15mo old and she is asleep around 7:30-8pm most nights. Wakes up for the day at 6:30ish.

The night waking won't have anything to do with when he goes to bed. I think there's a bit of a sleep regression going on at 15mo as our daughter has gone a bit batty lately lol

It's only too early if you don't want to get up at 5am lol. 6:30-5:30 is 11hrs so that's a long sleep really! My daughter is 15mo old and she is asleep around 7:30-8pm most nights. Wakes up for the day at 6:30ish.

The night waking won't have anything to do with when he goes to bed. I think there's a bit of a sleep regression going on at 15mo as our daughter has gone a bit batty lately lol
Lol I don't mind waking for him at 5am, because I get up at that time for my partner, so it's not really the early mornings that bother me, it's the multiple waking, I did read it could be sleep regression. I seem to have hit every single one of them so far.

I think as the others have said it could be lots of things. Does he normally sleep through or is he generally a poor sleeper? What are his day naps like? How does he go to sleep, self settles, rocked, fed etc? Is he teething? Teeth is always the killer for us with sleep.

My boy is 17 months. His bedtime is 8.30. I'd never get him to bed at 6.30. He starts his day around 7 though. That routine works for us with work etc. So if early rising isn't a problem then I think his bedtime is fine if it works for you.

Lol I don't mind waking for him at 5am, because I get up at that time for my partner, so it's not really the early mornings that bother me, it's the multiple waking, I did read it could be sleep regression. I seem to have hit every single one of them so far.

We've hit them all too. Some parents just get lucky like that. :D Sounds like he's going to bed at the right time then if you're all up early.

How is he when he wakes at night? Upset? Does he need milk? Is he breastfed? How he is might be a clue as to what his problem is. The things Moomin suggested are definitely worth thinking about as they all impact on night sleep x

My baby is already 4 years old, so the "sleepless nights" are over. I wish you patience.. and I remember how difficult it was for me at that time.

My 12 month old regularly wakes up for hours in the middle of the night, sometimes for 2-3 hours just wanting to play, she has been doing this since around 7 months old so I’ve tried many different things to see if it makes a difference and nothing really does, it’s actually very normal and quite common for babies and toddlers to have ‘split nights’, I cope by going to bed early and getting the bulk of my sleep done before her 2am antics start

My 12 month old regularly wakes up for hours in the middle of the night, sometimes for 2-3 hours just wanting to play, she has been doing this since around 7 months old so I’ve tried many different things to see if it makes a difference and nothing really does, it’s actually very normal and quite common for babies and toddlers to have ‘split nights’, I cope by going to bed early and getting the bulk of my sleep done before her 2am antics start

Oh wow we went though that around 4mo. I guess she's fallen into an annoying routine. Winter's night waking improved massively around 14mo so fingers crossed it gets a bit easier for you soon :) x

Oh wow we went though that around 4mo. I guess she's fallen into an annoying routine. Winter's night waking improved massively around 14mo so fingers crossed it gets a bit easier for you soon :) x

It was quite similar for us actually. I wouldn't say my boy was ever a terrible sleeper but we went through a very bad period between 10-13 months. Looking back I think teeth was a massive part of it. Once his first molars came through, sleep was much better.

It was quite similar for us actually. I wouldn't say my boy was ever a terrible sleeper but we went through a very bad period between 10-13 months. Looking back I think teeth was a massive part of it. Once his first molars came through, sleep was much better.

Winter was awake for hours at a time at night when her molars came through too, but she wasn't calm or playing. She was crying non-stop. Though she's been like that with almost every tooth...

Winter was awake for hours at a time at night when her molars came through too, but she wasn't calm or playing. She was crying non-stop. Though she's been like that with almost every tooth...

Same. We had standing in the cot screaming and refusing to go back down for hours. If it helps, canines were totally manageable in comparison. We had around a week of being pretty unsettled at night. It was a doddle compared to the molars. I think we're in the early stages of working on the second molars. I think they're still a few months away from cutting but there was definitely a lot of build up with the first ones so I'm bracing myself this time. Hopefully it won't be quite as bad!

Same. We had standing in the cot screaming and refusing to go back down for hours. If it helps, canines were totally manageable in comparison. We had around a week of being pretty unsettled at night. It was a doddle compared to the molars. I think we're in the early stages of working on the second molars. I think they're still a few months away from cutting but there was definitely a lot of build up with the first ones so I'm bracing myself this time. Hopefully it won't be quite as bad!

I'm fully expecting canines to be a nightmare, she doesn't cope well with teething. I'm glad they weren't so bad for your son. Winter got her first molars early, so canines can't be far away... Your son is so young for second molars to be coming in but at least you'll be done with teething when they make their appearance! I'd like Winter to have all her baby teeth before baby 2 comes along but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm fully expecting canines to be a nightmare, she doesn't cope well with teething. I'm glad they weren't so bad for your son. Winter got her first molars early, so canines can't be far away... Your son is so young for second molars to be coming in but at least you'll be done with teething when they make their appearance! I'd like Winter to have all her baby teeth before baby 2 comes along but I don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah we've been early with every tooth. He also only seems to do 4 at a time! I'm only suspecting second molars as I'm still traumatised by the first ones and it's all too similar! I don't expect them to actually cut until the summer but I do expect a few months of miserable nights before then. On the plus side, I'd be shocked if he doesn't have all his baby teeth by the time he's 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back