Bedtime with two or more

kedi376

Reaction score
So tonight I've been talking to OH about when to we seriously try for another baby and we got on the subject of bedtime.

Currently bedtime with J (8 months) is sometimes a dream and sometimes a real nightmare and it could take us up to 2 hours to get her to settle.

Although I am hoping her bedtimes will get better. It's got us wondering what other people do when they have a baby and a 18 month old at bedtime.

Do you have different bedtimes and hope the first one settles as they should? What if they don't settle? Does that put the 2nd ones bedtime back?

My OH works shifts so every other week he isn't home until after 11pm, so I would be having to do it on my own. Eeeek!!

Our plan is to put the twins down at 7 then h down at 7.30 so it spaces it out and h gets some alone time with us! But tbh the twins will stay down with us for a while so won't affect bedtime that much for a while!
Xxx

J is 2.5 and g 6 months. They bath together but g goes up a t about 6 -6.15 and j stays up until 6.45 ish xx

My plan is to wherever possible stick to my LO's bedtime routine and build the new baby's one around hers. She's always been very easy to settle though, so it hadn't really crossed my mind until now!!

Lacie is 20 months and goes to bed between 6 and half past. She has a bath and straight into bed with blankie and a beaker and she settles herself. Alfie is 7 and goes to bed at 8pm now, I take him to bed tuck him in and down I come. On a weekend alfies bedtime is slightly relaxed and he is aloud his tv on for a short while, but never in the week.
It took us a while of up and down stairs to settle lacie but well worth it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back