Bedtime sickness

babyscotcher

Reaction score
So for the last 4 nights my 8 month old son has had between 2 and 6 oz of his bottle before bed and then promptly vomited up what seems like the whole contents of his stomach over himself, me and the floor. He then happily drinks some more milk and goes to bed but has been waking in the night as he is obviously hungry.

Tonight we tried only giving him a yoghurt for his dinner as we wondered if he was over full and that was causing the sickness but still happened. (Much easier to clean up tho than his tomato pasta from last night, lol)

Nothing new or different about his routine or diet. Me and my other half had dodgy tummies on Sunday but I doubt that this has caused the problem as he is only sick that one time a day and is not distressed in any way. Only thing is that his teeth seem to be nothing him a little bit more the last few days as he is chewing his lip a lot and he has had a bit of a sore bum (but nothing to write home about.)

Sorry for the long post but anyone else had a similar experience or any advice. Looking at good old Google it does seem to be something that is not too uncommon but no consensus on what caused it.

Thanks. X

If it's teething try give some paracetamol or ibuprofen a bit before the feed.. I did that once when my son was really ill with teething and he wouldn't stop throwing up and that helped him stop and he fell asleep straight after.. I did realize later that for every single time his teeth were bothering him.. So swollen gums, initial coming through of teeth and the teeth lowering to set in place were all reasons for him to go off his food, drink loads of milk and throw it all back up!

Thanks Deedee. I tried calpol but it just came back up too. He isnt off his food or milk tho he only has 3 bottles a day usually, occasionally 4. I am going to drop the milk tonight and just give a couple of oz of water. I am not inclined to permanently drop it as he doesn't have a lot. X

Had milk about 4 and his dinner a bit later and then just a few oz of water before bed and no sick. Going to try the same tonight and see how we go. X

Aw good! It's good if you can keep it up with the water in the evening too am still trying to get my son of the bottle at night and it's a nightmare! Hope it worked again tonight x

It did. Only downside is he is waking up hungry in the night earlier than normal. Will have to see how we go when he is back into proper routine at the childminders next week. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back