• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bedding and layers for babies

Becs

Reaction score
Hello,

I am sure this comes up a lot but could I ask if anyone knows a good place to look up how many layers to put on a baby. Also not all blankets etc come with togs on the lables. My nursery drops from about 17 degrees to about 15 at night and I worry he isn't going to be warm enough and of course worry about overheating and not wanting to put too many layers on. He has a babygrow, sleepsuit and sleeping bag. Plus a cotton sheet to hold him nice and tucked in then, sometimes more layers. Please could someone help, I need to know where I can just look up exactly what i should be doing.

Sorry to rabit on,
Becs x x

I put Emms in a sleepsuit, sleeping bag and then a blanket folded over twice. I think if a baby is really cold, they will wake up. You can always touch hands and back of neck to see if too cold?

Babies are all so different! There are a few threads about this and you will see that some people put far more layers on than others. Jacob is a warm baby, so I use less layers than some. You are safer to air on the cooler side. Sleeping bags are very good at keeping in heat the baby generates. Try wrapping yourself in a blanket for a while and you will get an idea. Your nursery sounds pretty cool, but you will be able to tell if your baby is too cold. Hands will be cold in almost any weather, but if you can manage to feel his tummy, back, or the back of his neck and it feels unexceptional (not warm or cold) then you have gotten it just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back