bed time! help

angela-

Reaction score
hi all
:wall:
i carnt get my daughter to sleep through the night :sleep: she is nearly 10months so thought she would my now. she wakes up 4 or 5 times and wont go back to sleep unless i put her on the breast. in the morning she looks so tired i feel so sorry for her. :cry: have you got any tips?

is she hungry or looking for comfort ?

:hug:

Sounds like she could be just looking for comfort, I would give her some water to drink instead, she will soon stop as she wont want to wake for water, but if shes given lovely boobie milk she will :D

If it isnt that maybe she needs more calories in her diet :)

I would try giving her porridge before bed and then if she wakes up try picking her up and giving her a cuddle then putting her back down, and see if she settles? She might just want reassurance? My LO sometimes wakes and a quick cuddle seems to sort her out. They are all different though, eh?

hi tasha
hey i tried the water thing you suggested she just got extremely cross and looked at me as if to say :x how dare give me this! :rotfl: how will i know if she is not getting enough cal's in her diet? she has three meals a day + breast on demand some times i give her light snaks in the day too :hug:

I'm no expert but I wouldn't give her boobie on demand during the day, she obviously knows what she want and she gets it so maybe if you stop this during the day she won't expect it at night. There will be tantrums but after a few days she will have realised its no use kicking up because she won't get it no matter what.

Good luck & let us know how you get on. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back