becoming a handful!

inky

Reaction score
Cahal has changed so much just over the last couple of weeks, his hands are now grabbing EVERYTHING in his path, his attention span is the size of a flea's and he's demanding constant entertainment and attention. He has started to really shout and scream at us when he doesn't get his own way, and I swear he's started giving me evils lol!

I've never really known a 4 month old baby before so am doing everything a bit blind - when he goes into one should I just let him get on with it and work through a tantrum or give in and try to keep him happy? Me and OH are disagreeing on how to handle him sometimes :eh:

On the plus side, he's now doing great big belly laughs, very ticklish, and very generous in showing how happy you make him feel. I love making him laugh :love:

Given his age, i should imagine that now he is learning different ways to communicate, and that in turn it causes different reactions and responses from you, his little "tantrums" are more out of frustration that anything else.

Personally, rather than give in, i would try and meet him in the middle by offering an alternative to the problem rather than let him work through it himself.

I found the 4 month mark the hardest with my older boys. They can't sit up, don't like lying down, can't quite hold things for too long and get bored sooo easily! I just rode it out and they soon got better.

I think a lot of it is born of frustration, he is a very determined little baby! He's teething at the moment too which isn't helping! It's so nice watching him achieve things now, he seems genuinely pleased with himself and I keep having those teary proud mummy moments...i can't wait to stop crying at every little thing lol! Bloody hormones and sleep deprivation hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back