BBT for dummies

CJ_82

Reaction score
Hi,

So I have started tracking my BBT recently to help predict ovulation, as my irregular cycles aren't helping and nor are OPKs.

My understanding is that:

- you take your temperature whilst in bed after at least 3 hours sleep and before you stand, eat or drink;

- you use a thermometer to 2 decimal places;

- you will see a slight drop in temperature before a rise (the rise indicating ovulation) and the changes can be a change about 0.2 degrees.

So far, my temperature is erratic; it looks like the Alps. I do tend to be hot of a morning and wake with a leg out of the duvet.

Anyone else have this or can give me advice / correct me?

Ta x

PS I am waiting for my cycle (still) by started taking temperature and logging in Kindara app now but know it takes a few cycles to get a pattern.

Last edited:
Didn't want to read & run, but I'm in a similar boat so can't offer much help, sorry. I'm hoping to end my erratic bleeding after MMC and look for cm for one or two cycles, then go bk to temp. It's hard work, and I keep forgetting or missing the exact time. X

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I have started evening primrose capsules too this month x

Didn't want to read & run, but I'm in a similar boat so can't offer much help, sorry. I'm hoping to end my erratic bleeding after MMC and look for cm for one or two cycles, then go bk to temp. It's hard work, and I keep forgetting or missing the exact time. X

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I have started evening primrose capsules too this month x

Not as easy as you'd think this lark is it?

My temperatures so far are changing by up to 1 degree day on day. If it carries on like this I won't see or spot the change.

I'm so run down and wondering if it's that and it'll pass.

Good luck x

Last edited:
You need to take the temperature first thing in the morning. At the same time every day. Keep your thermometer under your pillow.

You can't get out of the bed or even move. I used to slowly reach for the thermometer which I kept in my bed to get the most accurate results. BBT is you body's resting temperature x

Last edited:
You need to take the temperature first thing in the morning. At the same time every day. Keep your thermometer under your pillow.

You can't get out of the bed or even move. I used to slowly reach for the thermometer which I kept in my bed to get the most accurate results. BBT is you body's resting temperature x

I have been doing all of that. That's why I'm unsure as to the erratic changes. I take it at 5 everyday which is when I wake for work and wake at weekends (but I tend to go back to sleep after this on Sat / Sun but take my temp before I do)

I would not worry about it too much. What CD are you today?

How long are your cycles?

Are you using fertility friend? There are lots of galleries of BBT charts. I went through all of them looking for similar to mine. Have a look, its very helpful. x

How long are your cycles?

Are you using fertility friend? There are lots of galleries of BBT charts. I went through all of them looking for similar to mine. Have a look, its very helpful. x

The last 6 cycles, including this one, have been: 18, 36, 25, 44, 43, 56+.

I use Kindara but will look at the other too. Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back