Bathtime Nightmare...

emilia

Reaction score
Just wondered if it's only my bunny that screams his head off when it's bathtime? :cry: :shock:
He settles nicely afterwards,but my adrenalin goes wild during bathtime!!
Anyone else relate to this?
Emilia xx

Yep, Jack absolutely hates it!

It doesnt help that he hates being picked up with no clothes on, so the screaming starts before he even gets in the water!

My Mother in law said the more you do it the more they will get used to it! Heres hoping!!!

I do find he isn't so bad if its sooner after he has had a feed rather than later, obviously giving it at least an hour.

how are you bathing them? in a baby bath? have you tried getting in a bath and bringing baby in with you, then you can cuddle them and comfort them skin to skin whilst still in the water.

er, not obvious to me... why??

Not supposed to bath on a full tummy! need to give time to settle a bit so I was told

try half hour before either if you dont want to wait till afterwards. damien would still puke even an hour afterwards! have to do it half hour before a bottle.

Damien hates being naked too. He likes it in the bath with all the water being splashed over his tummy but getting out is a screaming fit! I think its the cold getting to them - same feeling as when you get out of the shower/bath and suddenly feel the cold.

We bath alex just before a feed so that there's a bottle ready for him when he's done. Some nights he'll have a screaming fit (hence having the bottle ready), others he'll happily lay in there with us sprinkling water on him for ages - haven't quite worked out why yet, but the good baths are getting more frequent

Tracy xx

Phoebe didn't used to like having a bath but now she is a little bit older she seems to quite enjoy it. We are still bathing her in the baby bath but am planning to start bathing her with me or OH.
She often won't settle after a bath though so I try to do it just before a feed and a few hours before bedtime :)

Thomas hates being naked and hates the bath too!!!!

I think the main reason is because he must feel we are scared of dropping him so we are very clumsy and not relaxed at all!!! Secondly, he does not like the cold. He used to scream for nappy time too but is getting better.

Bath time only lasts no more than 5 minutes with me lol

Ava used to hate bathtime when she was a newborn, but now she loves it.

Reassuring replies, thanks.
Futuremum... we've got the same babies! :D
Emilia

Ella gets dunked in, quickly washed with sponge and hair washed. She's out within 5 minutes, then she starts screaming and screaming until she's wrapped in her towel and cuddled in. It's a nightmare!

This forum is a godsend! What would we all have done without the great advice from everyone. I'm so glad that it's not just little Oscar that hates having his nappy changed and bathtime.
Apart from that - he's great... well reasonably! Guess we just have to bite tight and get through the early stages...........FAST!!!! :shock: :D
Emilia xxx

Roo hates being naked too but likes it in the bath water :D

nappy changing is a nightmare!!

Hannah hated bath time until i bought her a blow up bath from mothercare it is a god send best £10 i have spent now she loves her bath
mixed042.jpg

Great bath and very cute occupant!!
Thanks for sharing the tip.
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member