Baths

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this for a while but Tyler seems to be scared of the bath. He's fine in the bath and never had a problem getting out but when you put him in he totally panics. We obviously put him in slowly and carefully and tell him what we are doing but he tenses up as soon as he feels the water and starts waving his hands and legs around making panicky noises.

I want to sign up for swimming lessons but I dunno if it would help?

Have you ever gotten in the big bath with him and is he any better?

No he wasn't keen at all lol!

He's fine once he's in iykwim? It's just the initial getting in.

Have you tried sitting him in the bath empty then filling it up so he could get used to the water?

Could also just try taking him to the pool without lessons to see what he thinks

I struggle on my own to bathe my lo in her own bath so I tend to sit and float her when we get in the bath together, she was unsure at first but loves it now. Not sure what to suggest although in an M&S outlet shop I saw a wind up frog that swims about in the bath, maybe some toys might distract him?

^wss H loves splashing his feet under the running water in the bath!!
xxx

We've been swimming once and he didn't hate it which is why I thought of lessons. I don't want to put him in it when it's running incase the waters too hot!

I run a bit of the bath to check the temp then put him in and keep checking it!! our water is so cold there is no risk tbh!!
xxxx

I have Macy watch the bath fill up.
She loves water, so I don't know if this will help.

Does he get cold feet? I have to put Albert in bum first, he hates going in feet first and panics a tiny bit I do wonder if it's cos Albert gets cold feet so maybe the water feels too warm?

How do you put him in? On his back or bottom first so he's sitting? I read something about putting then in lying down and how scary it can be for them as they don't know where they ate going, but bottom first, sitting up might help him feel more in control x

How do you put him in? On his back or bottom first so he's sitting? I read something about putting then in lying down and how scary it can be for them as they don't know where they ate going, but bottom first, sitting up might help him feel more in control x

Ah ha that may be our problem!!

:eek:) it also said something sling the lines of, as an adult how would you like to be stripped and placed backwards in a load of water! After that I changed the way I did it! (so hard imagining everything from baby perspective!) Xx

:eek:) it also said something sling the lines of, as an adult how would you like to be stripped and placed backwards in a load of water! After that I changed the way I did it! (so hard imagining everything from baby perspective!) Xx

I feel like a horrible person now!!!

When I first put Jack into the bath he always takes a big deep breath, like we would when the water hits our chest in a swimming pool. Maybe the flapping is his reaction to the water? Does he cry? If he doesn't cry i'd say it's a natural reaction or as Lettie said it could be the way he's put into the bath and he naturally reacts by flapping?! x

I'd say lean him over so he can touch the water, maybe even the tap/shower while it's going in Lewis likes this, then put him feet first, or let him have a couple of baths with you (they love it it's so sweet), and failing that maybe fill it up with him in it like others have said, you'll be there you'll know if it's too hot

Pinky, you aint horrible person. Mine was like that but what I've done was I have to buy him bath toys the rubber duck ands frogs from boots. Baby when he see toys he'll forget the water. try it mine just love the bath time, play with him let him splash and feel the water and when you see him enjoy then put him in it.

I hold Ella and dip her in a few times so her feet splash the water everywhere (she laughs her head off) and then on the third dip i dunk her in her seat and put a foamy letter in her hand, distracts her the whole bath time and then cries when i take her out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back