Bath Support

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Ive been looking at bath supports cause I think it might be easier for lee to bath wee man with a little help, prob a big help to me as well. Im looking for one to go in his baby bath if possible, which is just a standard plastic baby bath. I was just wondering what people would advise me to get???

thanking ya tah!! xxx

Don't know if its any help but I washed Ivy in a washing up bowl with a towel laid in to stop her slipping and something to rest her head on because it was small she could fit in and lay back in it and it seemed to work pretty well she would push her legs out and keep herself supported. We still stay and hold her but it made it alot easier. Then use the baby bath when shes a bit big for the basin. :)

That's a good idea Nicki, I never thought of that. I just don't want Lee to feel all fingers and thumbs to bath him and for it to put him off wanting to bathe him!

Im not bothering with a baby bath but Ive got a baby bath seat from mothercare, its the towelling one so its soft and warmer than plastic and its suitable from newborn Think it was £7.99. Ive used one in my nanny jobs and found them great, hope that helps.

mudgey said:
Im not bothering with a baby bath but Ive got a baby bath seat from mothercare, its the towelling one so its soft and warmer than plastic and its suitable from newborn Think it was £7.99. Ive used one in my nanny jobs and found them great, hope that helps.

im watching one of those on ebay at the min but our bath is a corner one and i think it would be quite hard to get over the edge to wash him if you know what I mean???

i have 2 different ones and both are as good as eachother, i will take pics of bith in action later and post for you, i do have a baby bath but it is much nicer for him to bath with one of us so we just make sure the water isnt too hot and he comes in with us :D

I have one from John Lewis, which I find soo useful and DD seems to enjoy it as well- she looks like she's relaxing on a sun lounger! :lol: I think it makes the bath times more enjoyable for both of us! Oh, and I use it i a standard baby bath, but I think it can be used in a normal bath as well.

It's this one: http://www.johnlewis.com/230436396/Prod ... urce=14798

i just had alice in with me, and TBH i plan to do the same this time around.

We brought one of the towling ones over a frame, but found she moved around so much it was safer to have one of us in there.

hennaly said:
i have 2 different ones and both are as good as eachother, i will take pics of bith in action later and post for you, i do have a baby bath but it is much nicer for him to bath with one of us so we just make sure the water isnt too hot and he comes in with us :D

Brilliant thanks hun...

I looked at the foam ones. Like a big sponge but i take it you cant be hands free with them?!?!

We bought the tigex one that you can get from lots of places including mothercare and jogh lewis. It is brilliant as they are completely supported so you don't need to keep hold of them at all times (though obviously you have to watch them constantly) so it made the washing part easier as you weren't holding a slippy baby with one hand and trying to wash them with the other. I would really recommend it!

We've got one a lot like Magic Marker's and used it in our corner bath right from the start with tom until he could sit up. I always found the sink and proper baby baths too small, even though he was a tiny baby.

He also used to get in the bath with Daddy quite often (before he discovered lots of splashing makes tidal waves.........)!!

x

thanks girls for all your messages. I thought it would be hard to use a seat in our big bath with it been a corner one but nice to know someone has managed :lol:

Get a tummy tub :D They are fab :D

Otherwise I had one of those foamy supports but Finlay didn't like it - he likes to lie on his back in the water and be submerged :lol:

Bee said:
Get a tummy tub :D They are fab :D

Otherwise I had one of those foamy supports but Finlay didn't like it - he likes to lie on his back in the water and be submerged :lol:

I looked at them and they look so cool! but Lees parents bought me a bath set so no point in me going out and spending money I dont need.... the foam ones were the ones i was looking at even tho since ive mentioned it to lee he seems to think he will feel fine about bathing him :lol: still I think when the time comes he will feel all fingers and thumbs cause hes never held a newborn baby never mind a slippy wet one :lol:

I've got this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bettacare-Batheas ... 240%3A1318

Its one of the towelling ones that goes over a frame. Apart from the nasty colours it comes in (lime or lilac) it's been good so far. We use it in a baby bath and I'm sure we'll use it in the big bath too. My friend had one she used for about 5 months with her LO. I find it's really helpful as she doesn't squirm too much - but I luckily have a baby who loves bathtime! I don't know whether it would be so good for a wriggler!

millie15 said:
I've got this one

Its one of the towelling ones that goes over a frame. Apart from the nasty colours it comes in (lime or lilac) it's been good so far. We use it in a baby bath and I'm sure we'll use it in the big bath too. My friend had one she used for about 5 months with her LO. I find it's really helpful as she doesn't squirm too much - but I luckily have a baby who loves bathtime! I don't know whether it would be so good for a wriggler!

oo that looks pretty much like what I was looking for.... think I might have to invest... I guess the colours just dont matter really so long as Daddy feels happy bathing him :D

MrsBrightside said:
millie15 said:
I've got this one

oo that looks pretty much like what I was looking for.... think I might have to invest... I guess the colours just dont matter really so long as Daddy feels happy bathing him :D

one of the ones i have is pretty much the same as this, i paid £1.25 in tesco home store :D

ooooo al have a look there then... might have a look on ebay and see if there are cheaper ones althou ya cant get much cheaper then £1.25... cant say ive ever noticed them in my Tesco tho :think:

MrsBrightside said:
ooooo al have a look there then... might have a look on ebay and see if there are cheaper ones althou ya cant get much cheaper then £1.25... cant say ive ever noticed them in my Tesco tho :think:
this was a tesco homestore, doesnt do food just household stuff and toys and clothes etc, i think we got it in a sale too but they are still cheaper than anywhere else i have seen :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back