Banged my bump really hard!

Pip52976

Reaction score
Hi everyone so I had an accident at work yesterday, I work as a training co ordinator for a busy restaurant chain. Yesterday I was in one of our sites that was short staffed, I was very stressed out running around like a crazy person trying to get things done when I miss judged a gap and bashed my bump really really hard. I was in a lot of pain so went to the hospital. They checked the heartbeat and said everything was fine. I'm still very tender and sore and to my shock the manger of that site asked me to go in today! My issue is that I went through all worst case sinarios on my way to the hospital and I know everything turned out to be ok but I just want to stay curled up in bed and protect my baby. I feel so guilty that I could of hurt him/her, I don't want to risk anything. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? X

Hi no sorry I haven't but I'd stay at home and take it easy for a day or two and just try to be careful. They say our babies are really protected as there's so much fluid x

Hi I had something similar happen to me at work, I work as a home carer and my client fell onto my and knocked me onto her bed I wasn't a big fall but she went into my bump and it really hurt. I went to hospital the following day as I hadn't felt any movement. Luckily all was well with the little man and the midwives & nurses said I'd just bruised my muscles. You can paracetamol if your still in pain. Or if it doesn't improve go back to hospital they won't mind you been over cautious. I then asked to be reassessed and now no longer do the lady as she's deemed unsafe for me. Tell your manager/boss you want a new risk assessment doing. I went back to work after my accident but I wasn't in too much pain.xx

Thanks guys. It's the feeling of wanting to hide away from the world and stay wrapped up in a little bubble to protect my baby that's concerning me. I know I will have to go back to work and face it next week, but right now I just want to feel safe. Maybe it's because I've had a few miscarriages in the past. The last few weeks have been great I've started feeling like I have more energy and been in better moods, I started to actually enjoy being pregnant. Today I feel a bit mental like I'm scared to do anything in case I put the baby at risk again.

I can understand you feeling extra protective, especially after miscarriages :(

I wonder if you could speak to your boss and explain that you need to do less stressful work, maybe someone you work with could help you if it is a busy time. If your boss isn't receptive, consider speaking to your doctor about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back