Stands alone but no real rolling

Redshoes

Reaction score
Isaac can stand alone, not for too long, but he's getting much better at it, he loves to stand and always has done, was in his walker and door bouncer really early. However, he will not roll :lol: If he's laid on his back he will stay there ALL day, until crying to be picked up, or rolling onto a side if on the bed and I offer boob :lol: :lol: If he's put on his front in a crawl position, he sometimes 'accidently' falls and rolls onto his back, but basically he's not attempting rolling whatsoever :talkhand:

I'm not concerned about it, I'm just wondering if it will 'hinder' his progress towards crawling staus :dance: which I can't WAIT for him to reach, he so loves to be on the go, its hard work now he's nearly 20lbs, carrying or moving him all the time :shock: My friends LO never crawled, just one day got up and walked, I worry if Isaac will do this, because if he doesn't crawl it means longer before he's off and about himself :?

I don't know what exactly I'm asking here, but if anyone has any thoughts on the above, please post, thankyou in advance :hug:

Hi hun, I wouldnt worry about it too much. My nan said my dad was walking around by holding onto furniture long before he began crawling. I think they just do things in a different order but they all get there in the end :hug:

Well done to Isaac for standing up by himself :clap: :cheer:

aww it just shows all babies are different. ours are pretty much the same age but millies the opposite. she loves rolling since she was 2 months old but nowhere near standing on her own. i wouldnt worry :hug:

Tom's the same Amy. He just shows zero interest in crawling, he just wants to stand the whole time. He can sort of cruise about a tiny bit, holding on to the furniture but he's desperate to go go go and I think it will be a while yet before he's able to walk.
I've tried everything to encourage crawling but he's just not in to it.
I'm with you on the weight thing...Tom's 26lbs now and he's a LUMP! Normally babies of that size are walking but I'm still having to lug him about. The muscle on my left arm is embarrassing!
xxxxxxxx

Leif loves to stand and walk around in his walker to, but he wont roll over really at all, and doesnt like being on his front for to long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back