Bad backache and can't sleep!!

joannec777

Reaction score
For the last few days I have been having this backache, I usually sleep on my left but for the last few days I could only sleep for about an hour then I would be woken up by this backache, when I tried to sleep on my right the baby would kick the lights out of me until I turn to my left again :( . And now this backache got even worse, I can't stand or sit for more than half an hour or my back will start hurting again, no matter what I do I just can't get comfortable :( . i can't do any housework, the house is in a state, Still 8 more weeks to go, what can I do :cry: . Sorry about the moan but I just feel really bad :(

:hug: aww, it sucks not being able to sleep in ur favourite position doesnt it :hug:

i had really bad back ache from about 30 weeks
emily was sitting in my back, i had a tiny bump but a huge baby lol

have you tried a hot water bottle? or tilting your mattress?
I hope you feel better soon hun :hug:

Hi,

I have been getting really bad sciatica in my back, bum legs etc throughout my pregnancy so i can sympathise.

I mentioned it too my consultant the other day and she suggested a warm bath, heat pad, paracetamol and she said if i wanted i could take co-codamol as its stronger than paracetamol but are allowed to take it in pregnancy.

I haven't yet though as i'm a bit reluctant. But try the other things??

Lau
xx

Are you using a support cushion for under your bump at night?

I had a couple of days of really bad back ache this week. One thing I had changed was instead of using my mothercare small wedge shaped support pillow, I got one of the blooming marvellous butterfly shape double sided ones (from NCT sale). I don't think it supported my bump as well?! as soon as I swopped back to the small wedge pillow, my back ache seemed to get better?

I also think it was to do with how the baby was lying too, coupled with sitting down for too long at work in meetings!

Hope you feel better soon, back ache is the worst isn't it! :hug:

Same here. I have a long body pillow and a wedge cushion and tend to alternate between the two. Sometimes I roll off one and grab the other, then sometimes I sleep better without either of them though :?

Thanks for all your advice ladies, I use a body pillow, cushion, my husband anything I can grab but they all seem to work in the first 30 mins then I have to change to something else :( I just turn and twist all night, keeping my poor hubby awake all night :oops: poor thing still have to get up early every morning to go to work.

Oh god I know what you mean! I have a collection of pillows on the floor next to me and alternate, but nothing helps, if it isnt my back, its my groin, if it isnt my groin then its my hips

Feeling really tired and irritable - I love my sleep and have to get up really early during the week, but cant even enjoy a loay in as I wake up in pain and might as well get up!

But ( as I think someone has already said in this thread) this is all preparation for sever lack of sleep later on!!

lol,

I also have a collection of various pillows and cushions on the loor next to me that i alternate throughout the night.

Nothing helps does it.

Lau
xxx

I've had back ache on/off the last couple of weeks. When the SPD got a bit better then the back ache started :(

I had a Radox bath last night which seemed to help initially but I still woke up at 5am (with the birds making a racket) and then was awake for an hour before I fell asleep again.

I'd rather be up feeding a baby in the night than woken in pain/discomfort. Roll on July!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back