Bad back/ Headaches :(

Charlotte_1989

Reaction score
Hi, I am nearly 10 weeks and took part in 5k Race For Life yesterday. All went well except now I have a really bad pain in my lower back and also have a thumping headache (have been drinking plenty of water) I cannot get a DRs appointment today so was just wondering if anybody has any ideas of what I can take for it, being pregnant? I tried a hot bath last night with salts but that just made me go all light headed and dizzy (think maybe bath was a bit too hot)
Any suggestions would be great :)
Thank you x

heyy

i would only take paracetamol and have a nice hot bath, I suffer from backpain and sore heads constantly and its all I can do..

hope you feel better soon xxx

Thank you, was not sure if could take paracetamol when pregnant so thats great help :) XX

i know its a nightmare not knowing what you can and cant have lol paracetamol is fine :)

welcome xxx

It sure is, plus I am just so worried that I am going to eat/drink or take something that I am not meant to. I am 10wks on Saturday and my scan is not until 17th July but I just cant help but be so nervous as had a miscarriage this time last year when was around 8 weeks (had only known for 2 days :( ) Really wish my scan could be sooner rather than later as with the amount I am worrying I will prob end up doing more harm than good when it is the last thing I want :( xxx

awwww im sure youll be fine if you stick to the guidlines and try and relax, easier said than done i know but 10 weeks isnt far away from the 12 week mark so be happy :) as for things you can and cant eat, alot of people do worse things than eat things theyr not meant to and theyr babies are fine but just make sure you maybe have a wee list of things. I forgot and ate a dairymilk whole nut oops lol I was sick right after though so it probably didnt harm the baby it wasnt in my belly long enough!

just dont be running any more marathons! I was going to do the cancer research race as my gran passed from lung cancer last year but since finding out im expecting I cant lol so well done you for doing it! xxxx

That 4head stick is good for frontal headaches. Been slapping loads of that on lately hehe. Other than that only paracetomal and heat packs for the back :(

Maybe go see an osteopath? I always feel much better after my appointments for a few days. They can't do much whilst your pregnant but they can ease your neck to ease the headaches a bit.

awwww im sure youll be fine if you stick to the guidlines and try and relax, easier said than done i know but 10 weeks isnt far away from the 12 week mark so be happy :) as for things you can and cant eat, alot of people do worse things than eat things theyr not meant to and theyr babies are fine but just make sure you maybe have a wee list of things. I forgot and ate a dairymilk whole nut oops lol I was sick right after though so it probably didnt harm the baby it wasnt in my belly long enough!

just dont be running any more marathons! I was going to do the cancer research race as my gran passed from lung cancer last year but since finding out im expecting I cant lol so well done you for doing it! xxxx

Wow had never heard anything about not eating dairy milk whole nuts? I know I am sure everything will be okay just wish there was a way of putting my mind to ease thats all. Was not offered a dating scan just a 12 week scan :(

Race For Life was for a good cause but I definitely do not think I owuld take part whilst pregnant again as really tiring. Was advised to just walk and no running/ jogging.

Thanks for all your help :) xx

That 4head stick is good for frontal headaches. Been slapping loads of that on lately hehe. Other than that only paracetomal and heat packs for the back :(

Maybe go see an osteopath? I always feel much better after my appointments for a few days. They can't do much whilst your pregnant but they can ease your neck to ease the headaches a bit.

I just got the 4head stick :) Very good....and will be investing in some heat packs for my back by the end of the day I think. Worst as have to sit on horrible computer chair at work all day boooo xx

Thats what I thought but others I know have had a 'dating scan' and then a 12 week one.Maybe for other reasons? x

Maybe. I'm unlucky and getting my dating scan and NT scan and GTT test all on the same day when I'll be 12 weeks. Bah cheating me out of scan hummph :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back