backache + breastfeeding (me, not the baby!)

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by leckershell, Nov 20, 2007.

1. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

Any other breastfeeding mums - or any mums - got bad backache at my stage (about 3 months)? I had a head and shoulder massage at our mums group yesterday and the massage lady told me my back, neck and shoulders were very tense. I wonder if it's because of the lying down sideways breastfeeding? I can't actually lie down straight on my back, it wants to arch itself and if I let it relax and lie on it straight, it's agony.

Yes I know I should go to the doctors... but just thought I'd ask if anyone else had this and if it was related to breastfeeding at all? I don't really want to give up the sideways lying down breastfeeding because sitting up in bed at 3am isn't an appealing idea... :)

2. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

Hi :wave:

I'm breastfeeding Lola and i used to get a lot of back ache when i first started but don't really get it now just arm ache from holding her

I'd ask your HV or doctor about it :hug:

3. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's the lying down feeding not the sitting up?
    I found a breastfeeding support pillow really helped me not to bend down towards Brody and rather to lift him to the breast.

4. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

Well I guess it could be.. I only really notice after the night feeds because I try to lie on my back after them and it kills... but I guess it could be any of them :( Guess I should just go to the docs :(