Back to the pre-Christmas routine.

Minxy

Reaction score
Stanley has been spoilt rotten over Christmas. He's been up until all hours and eaten what he wants.

He generally eats very well so I've never been too precious about sweeties but he's now refusing pretty much everything except chocolate santas and sausages.

I figured he'd come round when hungry but this morning has been a screaming match whilst he throws toast and me and points to the 'goodie' cupboard.

He's probably tired cause he didn't go to sleep until midnight, after another 3 hours of screaming in and out of his cot (until I quit and put him in our bed)

Any advice on how to deal with a grumpy, crying, knackered sugar junkie on a comedown?

Show him the cupboard with no food in it and say Santa took the christmas food away after christmas?

No idea sorry!

Minxy said:
Stanley has been spoilt rotten over Christmas. He's been up until all hours and eaten what he wants.

He generally eats very well so I've never been too precious about sweeties but he's now refusing pretty much everything except chocolate santas and sausages.

I figured he'd come round when hungry but this morning has been a screaming match whilst he throws toast and me and points to the 'goodie' cupboard.

He's probably tired cause he didn't go to sleep until midnight, after another 3 hours of screaming in and out of his cot (until I quit and put him in our bed)

Any advice on how to deal with a grumpy, crying, knackered sugar junkie on a comedown?

take him for a walk round the block in the freash air. Make him sleepy and let him sleep it all off.

I am in exactly the same sitution with my 2 1/2 yr old. we gave her dummy to santa just before xmas, which went down okay but every night she has een up until after 10pm. It's totally exhausting (I also have the worst cold and sore throat I have ever had which doesnt help)and I cant wait for her to get back into some sort of routine.

Every night is a battle lasting at least 4 hours of tantrums. We've tried all the things the books and internet say, calm before bedtime, gentle quiet routine, bath, stories, firm but fair etc, but she just can;t seem to go to sleep at night until she has fought til collapsing.

So, im not in a position to give an ounce of advice, but hoping desperately that someone else knows what to do and shares it with us :)

we are in a similar position to you hun, we have all been going to bed late & getting up late, Louie has been sleeping in our bed for weeks now since he was ill & we can't get him out of it :(

most mornings coz Louie is in our bed, me & him go back to sleep & today didn't wake properly til 9.30 am :shock:
don'y know how i'm gonna get back in the school routine for Monday :lol:

sorry no advice Zoe, but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one hun. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back