back from hospital :(

trixipaws

Reaction score
i'm worried again now :(

firstly i had an unpleasant blood-drawing experience- i think the nurse/MW who took it i must've been her very first one or something- i couldve done it better myself! she didnt seem to be very experienced AT ALL- normally they are so swift with their achohol wipe, needle in, syringe, needle out, press down cotton ball and tape over- done in seconds. this woman dithered around, went thru dozens of different cotton balls and kept losing her grip and there was blood trickling down my arm- i felt faint and nauseous (i'm a bit squeamish!) and was actually wondering if i should pershaps TELL her what to do :lol: i nearly did you know i was about to say "just press down with one piece, and tape it on!" but i felt too queasy lol. :roll: anyway bless her she was very nice, she kept asking was i ok and she fetched me a glass of water.

but the reason i'm not happy is when i spoke to the MW on the desk she told me i'd get my results tomorrow and cant remember what exactly she said but some comment about levels hadnt dropped enough (last week they were 961, then 636 2 days later) she said "well we like to see them halve every 2 days" so now i'm back to worrying about ectopic and bits being stuck inside etc :(
oh and when i told her i was expecting pain and i had no pain she said "thats a good sign." and set my false hopes off again :wall:

i'll update tomorrow when i get my results. x

Hi trixipaws, I am really sorry to hear you are having trouble. I just wanted you to know that I had a miscarriage end of Sept/early Oct but I was only 4wks +5 gone, so not far. But, I had the same problem where, even after I had bled (which was like a light period, but I did have backache) I was still getting positive preg results and to make sure I had miscarried, I had to have my bloods taken about 6 times cos my hcg wasn't dropping as quick as they like either. It was scary so I understand you must feel awful right now, but I was ok in the end and there was no ectopic or infection. The nurses told me that although they like it to drop by half, everyone's different and sometimes people take longer for the hcg to drop. I hope you are ok and you get the outcome you want. Even if it's not meant to be this time, I hope you get your bfp soon. Good luck hun and here's lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww babes this is such a shite situstion and hope it gets worked out soon :(

Awwww honey sounds like yet more of a rough time! :hug:

I hope you soon find out one way or the other and I'm still praying for good news for you

:hug: hun i am so sorry you are going through this xx

my levels are now 187. does that sound ok? is it coming down fast enough? MW just said to go in for a urine preg test on 8th december, she didnt sound too worried :)

I have no advice for you hun as i am totally new to this whole pregnancy/mc thing but hope everything works out for you :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back