Babysitting

Leese

Reaction score
My sil sometimes babysits for James, she's the only person other than my mil and mum that we've left him with. She's going to be doing it again in January. I feel really secure with her doing it, James loves his Auntie Kellie and she's really good with him. Only thing is, I'd like to pay her back in some way and I know she would just refuse money. She doesn't have a LO so I can't pay her back in that way, does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do?

Having been an auntie who used to do loads of babysitting for my nieces and nephews before I had my LO I thought I'd share my ideas/views for what they are worth.
My brother and SIL never used to pay me or treat me, and to be honest I never expected it or wanted it. I loved looking after my nieces and nephews. But if they had have treated me in some way I would have liked theatre tokens as I love theatre or a massage treatment voucher?? Or even a Smiths voucher for book buying?
does your SIL have any hobbies or interests? Maybe start there....

Or even cook her a nice meal one night.

I think sometimes something as simple as a bunch of flowers is enough, especially if you get them delivered! I think the feeling of opening the door to a lovely bunch of flowers is amazing and if you write a little note to go in them that says how much you appreciate her I think she'll be chuffed to bits - I would be!

Becky said:
I think sometimes something as simple as a bunch of flowers is enough, especially if you get them delivered! I think the feeling of opening the door to a lovely bunch of flowers is amazing and if you write a little note to go in them that says how much you appreciate her I think she'll be chuffed to bits - I would be!

That's a nice idea, I would be chuffed if I opened the door to someone standing there with a big bunch of flowers for me!

You could also get James to do a picture or make a card and get him to paint on it, then you could write a note inside it (from him) saying Thank You and how much he loves being looked after by her. It's quite simple but I think people always like and appreciate things that are homemade as it shows you've put the effort in, and she could keep it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back