Bye bye dummy?

Nic'n'Keeley

Reaction score
I really wanna wean Keeley off her dummy as she's now using it as a comfort thing... when she was a newborn she used to be a really sucky baby... but now she has it for everything :x and its really annoyin as even when she's happy she wil still want a dummy

So i have slowy been leaving it in the cot when she wakes up and only gving it back to her at nap times... but she's sooo whinging with out it :lol:

Am i doing it right? is she too young?

with Beth & Tom, i took away the dummies on their first birthday & they were fine :D

I took Jessicas away in the day when she was 2 but she had it at night till she was 3 :oops: Aimees 20 months and I wouldn't even consider taking it of her yet, I couldn't cope! Good luck though!

To our surprise, our paediatrician said, take the dummy away from Naomi when she's 10 months. Her exact words were "You'll have three nights with no sleep and then she'll be fine."

We didn't even have that! Naomi was a bit fractious the first couple of nights and then after that she just went down.

We found it harder to wean her off the bottle but eventually did it - so now she's soother and bottle free!

Best of luck!

Sue

Thanks for all the comments :D

So should i now just take the dummy away full stop? or still give her it for naps? :?

well my neice is turning 5 yes 5 in sept and she still has her dummy and a bottle at night time. :shock:

Ruby just stopped taking her dummy @ 12 weeks and has never wanted it since so I am really lucky, but I was dreading if she did like it and I would have to take it off her!! She loves her bottle before bed, it settles her, she really enjoys it and I intend to continue until she refuses it. (Plus she has slept thorugh the night from 7 weeks old so I am scared to drop it incase she wakes in night!!! :wink: )

I saw a Super nanny episode once, and they took the little girls dummy (I think she was about 5), and mum made a little drawstring pouch bag and hung it in a tree in the garden for the "dummy fairy"...the little girl went to bed,and the next morning she was delighted to find the dummy was replaced with a toy, and there was loads of glitter dusted around like fairy dust!!! It was magical seing her face, and she never mentioned it again after that!!! I was always going to use that if I had to get dummy off Rubes :rotfl:

I think that the best option is just go for the clean sweep. Just don't offer it to her one night. Don't make a big deal of not giving it to her, just don't mention it at all. You might have trouble and then again you might not.

I think the dummy fairy is a good idea but maybe better for older children?

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back