Babys movements

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I know its normal to ring the midwife if you dont feel your baby move very much in the later weeks of pregnancy but what about this early?

I've been feeling him move stronger and more often every day since 16 weeks but today and yesterday I've only felt him move a few times and it was very slight. Normally he's always wriggling and kicking.

Should I just stop worrying? I dont want to make a fuss cos most of the time (speaking from experience) midwives are only sympathetic if you're past a certain stage of pregnancy :?

I go through days of not feeling anything then get loads in one day so i wouldnt worry to much if you can help it, I was worrying like mad a few days back but they are starting to become bigger kicks now.

If you have a doppler you could try that on the days you dont feel anything just to reassure yourself.

It's easy to say not to worry but it doesn't stop the person worrying does it. :hug: Jade moves so much that today when I hadn't felt her since last night I had an ice-lolly then a bath and felt her moving and been wriggling again since. I'm sure everything is OK.

I'm 20wks and still not feelin anythin (well dont think I've felt anyfin), got my 20 wks scan tomorrow so hope that will put my mind at rest. I've been told it's normal to not feel anythin every day and that may not feel until 22wks+.

I've heard that movement isn't as frequent until after 20 weeks. Im sure everything is fine hun, but if your worried just mention it when your next appt is. I can't wait to start feeling some flutters.

I'm not feeling alot very frequently, like today has been very quiet.

The doppler tells me bean is still ticking over in there so I try not to worry.

Maybe they are quieter during growth spurts or something? Who knows...

Hi

I feel baby often then dont feel it for a few days, my friend went to emergency tonight shes 21 weeks and hadent felt baby in 19 hours the doc said baby is fine and if you dont feel the baby move for more then 12 hours to come in, but i was told its normal this early not to . :? always get to different things from doctors.
Katrina

Thanks everyone, I managed to find his heartbeat after trying for 10 minutes last night!! It hasnt took that long for weeks and needless to say I was getting a bit worried!

He still hasnt moved alot for ages (I cant even tempt him with Ben & Jerrys anymore lol) but I guess I'll just leave him in peace - the minute I stop thinking about it he'll probably go back to his usual self :lol:

hi hun :wave:

i'm sure it's nothing to worry about... it is still early, but if you found his heart beat his fine..

he might be kicking towards your back that's why you can't feel it!! maybe

but if you are worried then get it check out :hug:

my baba don't like the doppler anyway more s/he keeps moving away :lol: i keep using it too much cant help it :lol:

Thanks hun :hug:

I dont know whats going on, he still isnt moving but his heartbeats there so Im reluctant to ring the midwife. Its been 3 days though since he really moved :(

The past week or so has been so weird, its like the first trimester all over again - Im so tired, keep needing a wee and I feel sick.

When I was feeling a bit unsure about things before he would kick me and it'd make me feel better but now that he's not moving I just keep worrying :?

Do you hear him moving when you are using the doppler?
I am peeing constantly to so your not on your own there.

Have you asked him to kick you? (sounds silly but i talk to him in my head and out sometimes) I find this sometimes works but it takes a few minutes, maybe a coincedence but i think he knows.

I only get the odd flutter every now and then but I am a few weeks behind you so only to be expected. Try not to worry if you can hear his heartbeat though :hug:

I wasn't feeling anything till i was 22 weeks...my LO has been quiet for a few days but hasn't stopped all day today.

I am not sure they would do much more than check LO's heartbeat

:hug:

hun if you really think something is wrong then call your midwife... but as i said before if you can hear him then he is fine :hug:

but then again i would call my widwife...

try relaxing and he might move then.... if not then call her in the moring :hug:

i'm sre it's nothing to worry about :hug: :hug:

but i totally understand.. i haven't even felt kicks so your blessed :D

make sure you us if they is any change hun :)

Flame, I just used my doppler and I can hear his heart and I can hear a few noises that could be him moving.

Im gonna have a nice bath later and then lie down and see if I can persuade him to move for me!

Thank you for all your help, I think Id go mad without you all :oops: :hug: :hug:

I describe it as a glub the noise that the doppler makes when he is moving so see if you can listen out for that, might only be quiet though. Dont worry if you cant hear it as he might have relaxed and fallen asleep after your bath.

Ok, panic over!!!! I can feel him loads again. He's either kicking me in the same place every few seconds or he's got the hiccups!

Aaaaahhhh I feel so much better now! :cheer: :D :cheer: :D

Yay :cheer: glad all is good again and you can relax now.

well bless him he'll prolly keep you awake all night kicking now LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatima70
Back