• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babyproofing

Zazu

Reaction score
I have a glass tv stand with the tv, DVD player on, and zac loves to try and climb it! I always tell him no and move him away, but ideally need something to guard it but don't know what? A fire guard wouldn't work because of where it is and there is nothing to fix it to, and I can't move it as there is nowhere for it to go. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem? X

I'm going to have the same problem in a few months time. My mum never changed her house (neither did my grandparents) and we learnt not to touch. I'm hoping to do the same with Isla but it's not going to be easy! The other option was a playpen for her to sit in when I'm doing chores but they are expensive :(

I am trying to teach him but it's hard work, I tell him no and move him and he goes straight back! I put him in the travel cot when I need to do things, it's when I'm there that's the problem, ha ha! I'll keep at it and hope he learns soon! X

I remember this well with Mia lol and she thought it was a game but I still didnt change my house and al be honest there were some accidents where she would try and climb things but fall but she soon learned

she was NEVER allowed in the kitchen when the cooker was on and to this day she still know this is the rule so she is hardly ever in the kitchen tbh. I do believe in stair gates and have a few for around the house, one at the top and bottom of stairs and one in Mias room so that Ellie wont can go in an annoy her and we have one for the front door as we almost always have it open in the summer xx

Good to know they learn, as zac does seem to think it's a game too x

I'm a big fan of stairgates too! The only doors I don't have them on are my en suite, cos they can't h
Get in my room anyway and the living room! No ideas about the tv unit tho!

you just have to keep on saying no and moving him away and try to distract him he will get the idea eventually :)

i buy safety gates that lock differently not to confuse the kids to confuse the adults its funny when we have visitors and they are stood at the top of the stairs shouting for help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back