BabyBjorn slings

Beetle123

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I’m due in just over 5 weeks now, with baby number 1, so very new to all this baby stuff.
We have already bought a buggy, but as my OH works quite a lot, I think I will be doing a lot of things solo with the baby during the week.
Have been thinking a sling will be more useful than using the buggy all the time when alone, especially for things like going to Tesco etc.
I have no past experience with them, and the only one Iv seen online is the babyBjorn one, which is quite pricey, so wanted to see if anytime has any advice about slings in general and could share any tips.
Thank you :) xxx

I have a kari me and it’s honestly a life saver. I love it. Plus it was only £30.

Why don’t you see if there’s a sling library in your local area. Then you can borrow one and see if you like it

A, sling library will really help you decide what you want. I started with a stretchy wrap which you can get off fb for as little as £10 pre loved, then progressed onto a woven wrap and then other types with /without buckles.
Lots of people love connecta's but I couldn't get on with them so it's worth trying a few out but stretchy wraps are well worth it for the first few weeks/months x

I had a babybjorn carrier with my son and hated it. It near broke my back as it was just so awful so threw it away after a few months.
Iv brought a Hana sling this time cost £40.

Just popping in I have a huge collection of slings.
For newborn I loved my close caboo it’s easy to put on and keeps baby really snug. Now they’re older I love my lillebaby if I’d known about them before I would have bought it earlier they’re pricy but the lumbar support makes a huge difference my youngest is now 18 months and I carry him with no issue x

If you can try a sling library, they're brilliant for trying out different ones. I had the Moby Aria and loved it. So comfortable and extremely easy to put on yourself.

I think my baby bjorn carrier was worth every penny. I tried a cheap alternative and felt like baby wasn’t safe. I also had a wrap sling thing and hated it - killed my back and took ages to get on/off! The baby bjorn offers much better support and is so much less hassle x

Thank you all so much for all the advice!
I didn’t know there were so many different brands and type, and will deffo be going to a sling library (which I didn’t even know existed!)
Think I will just have to try a few and see what I like xxx

We love our baby Bjorn. So good for settling little man to sleep especially at night when he really fights it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back