Slings

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Ok so I have been looking at slings, mostly because I want that closeness to baby and also if I need to breastfeed outside it gives me and baby a bit of privacy.

I am struggling with which one but I think I may go with this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120800855...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

What do you guys think of slings?, there are a lot of pro's and con's, does anyone have any experiance??

xxx

I had a moby wrap (looks just like that) with Toby but I didn't buy it until he was about 5 months and I wish I'd got it earlier! In definitely using it from the start with this one! If the feedback/reviews on that are good I'd get it! I assume the fabric quality and stretchiness makes a difference when they're a bit older and you've got more weight to carry but that style is so comfortable to carry them in - I tried a normal baby carrier too and it really hurt my back x

I love love love my moby wrap! It takes a bit of practice but is so easy once you've done it a couple of times and we still use it occasionally now and he's 14months old! I loved the closeness of the wrap, having him right next to me or his dad and even with my lower back problem it made carrying him so easy! I preferred the moby to a more rigid sling as it supported baby's body completely, didn't put strain on his legs or hips for example x x

Thanks girls I appreciate the feedback, I have one more question:

What is breastfeeding like with the sling, doesn't baby get smothered??

Ok technically 2 lol xx

I've tried 3 different ones now :)

1. The Moby wrap (or 'African earth mother' look) is comfy and very good if you're going to be walking for a while (eg. long IKEA trip/walk in the park). BUT, it's a bit of a pain if you have to keep putting the baby in and out. It seems very comfortable for my LO and keeps her close and warm, (too warm in some cases as the fabric is quite thick so I have to think about how I dress her). No problems falling and staying asleep in this one! There's also a high weight limit, 25kg, on it so it'll last for longer.

2. Baby Bjorn (or the 'proper carrier'). This is fantastic for carrying the baby around the house or for short trips out as it's so easy to get them in and out. It seems very comfy for LO and she regularly falls asleep in ours (so it's also good that it's easy to remove the baby without waking her). This is definitely my favourite and has got much more use from the both of us than the Moby wrap. Only downside is that it is only up to 11kg so at the rate that LO is growing it won't last long.

3. Baba sling. To be honest, I regret buying this one. I could never get comfortable wearing it and LO never looked too comfy either. I also didn't like how her chin always got tucked into her chest no matter how I put her in it. So, it hasn't really been used at all so far. However, I can imagine that it will be by far the most comfortable for carrying an older baby or child around in the 'sitting on the hip' position so hopefully it will justify the money I spent on it sometime in the future!

Hope this helps :)

PS - have to say that I never breastfed in any of them (I'm not that bothered about covering up) so I would always take the baby out and feed them normally. But from some of the wrapping styles I've seen I'd say that the Moby wrap is the one to go for breastfeeding .

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting a sling too so this is really helpful. I'm only 5ft so want to make sure that I don't feel 'swamped' in one. Hadn't thought about looking on eBay so might try there too? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back