• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Walkers?

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey,
Been looking at baby walkers and those play centre things that baby can stand it but not walk in. Just wondered which you thought was best? I think babies might get frustrated with the one that they cant walk in? Is it a waste of money to buy both? And what do you think to the 3 in 1 convertable walker in mothercare? anyone got this? whats do you recomend? thanks xx

I think its worth buying both. I just have a bog standard walker for Paige (although her feet are no where near touching the floor yet :( )and just brought a door bouncer too, which I guess is just like a more boring jumperoo which is just a bouncy activity center lol.

We got the convertable from mothercare for AJ when he was younger. Its the newer version that they are selling now.
I thought it was great and got alot of use from it although he never actually used it in the final stage as a walker without the seat.

Last edited:
I've got a jumperoo that my dad bought Tegan for Xmas a door bouncer and i got given a baby walker but she's to small for any of them! x

We have a door bouncer too, cant wait to see him in that. Might just get the convertable then, he can stand on it and move about! xx Hes also too small for any yet haha x

I have a walker and it's the best thing I've ever brought! Liv loves it she zooms round the house in it ( much to the dogs dismay) lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a jumperoo for charley and even though his feet don't reach the floor yet he loves it.
I had a walker for Lacey but she never got on with it. I've still got it so will give it ago with charley, see if he gets on better with it.

I have a jumperoo and a walker. Isla is still to short for the jumperoo but is gradually beginning to like it. My plan is to let her play in that until she is strong enough to use the walker x

We had a jumperoo for the boys and they loved it!! We were given a 2nd hand walker for Toby but we didn't really use it much because we've got uneven tiled floors or rugs everywhere and he kept getting stuck :lol:

i have activity centre wall hanger and walker... my walker was rock n walker for like 60 i wouldnt recommend as we got 7.50 one outta asda event for nannys house and she prefers it its far better lmao xx

Ava has the convertible from mothercare. she is a little short for it even with it on the lowest height setting but she still loves going in it because she can play with it :)

Our hv told us not to buy/use a walker.

Our hv told us not to buy/use a walker.

Why?

Apparently I had a walker when I was a baby and my mum told me I had a fascination for try to go down the 3 steps into the kitchen with it :lol:

Something to do with the unnatural way they hold their legs supposedly can actually delay walking. I was only half listening! Lmao! DD didn't have one and walked at 8 and a half months but she might have done anyway. I won't get Seb one but not because of what the hv said, I just don't see the need.

Herbie has an activity centre for now and will get him a baby walker when he is older, both my other two loved there walkers I could get loads done with them running about behind me and monty walked at 10 months and dolly walked at 9 months I feel it helped them walk it got them strong on there legs

I have a jumperoo and it's brilliant! I'll be getting a walker when Drake is old enough. I had it for both my boys and they loved it! It didn't hinder their walking at all. I'll always remember the evil look my eldest used to give as he'd try and ram your legs with it :rofl:

I really recommend fisher prices spinning frog its great and doesnt take up alot of space in your house which is a bonus. I got Ethan the convertable car walker from mothercare for xmas but his feet dont tough the ground in it yet!

Thanks for all the comments. Enjoyed reading, think I might have to look into getting a jumperoo, so many of you have them and reccomend them, or the spinning frog Lauren. Will have a proper look.

I didnt realise they could delay walking? Im sure they all walk in their own time, I dont want to delay his development, im sure it would just be if you sat them in it all the time?! Which I wouldnt do, but totally understand as someone put it must help to get things done.

Do they work on carpet if you pull the rug up? or better in kitchen really?

Haha at trying to get up and down steps in a walker, very adventrous x

I've got a chico dj baby walker it was 49.99 not sure what its like yet though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back