Baby sling advice please

Kaytee is right too about using them from the start and as often as you can - it gets them used to their mode of transport.

Maybe we'll pass on a sling then because we'd really only use it if we needed both hands free for a while during the day (like if Jack needs help at meal times etc) rather than using it when we're out and about etc.

Thanks for all of your advice ladies :)

Maybe we'll pass on a sling then because we'd really only use it if we needed both hands free for a while during the day (like if Jack needs help at meal times etc) rather than using it when we're out and about etc.

Thanks for all of your advice ladies :)

You either get on with the sling or not i guess - i lked my babybjorn and used it from time to time and lo didnt mind but then i turned him around in it. He became too heavy too soon for me though

Yes, you just keep their legs in the frog position rather that open around your waist xx

Yes Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I didn't have a problem with Sophia not liking the carrier at all, she was perfectly happy from the first time I used it, ended up using it about once a week.

I had the mothercare 3 way one, although only really used it on the front. As the strap broke (ok, she was probably too big..!) they gave me a new one that has been kept for new baby. I'll be using a lot lot more often though, as Sophia will still only be 2 and needing the pram as well. Not heard of any hip problems, maybe I've just not heard of any!!!

ALL RIGHT!!!! I've bid on a Moby on ebay... They do look better for longer wearing, esp inside. It's a really pretty one too :)

i got the victoria sling lady wrap off ebay, just like a moby but only 15 quid, i love it as its really handy for when u cba to take the pram or your going upstairs etc. was a godsend for round the house too as i could do the dishes etc while she slept lol. i want a meitai now as shes bigger and wants more freedom of movement but i gotta save the pennies for one lol

My Moby has arrived this morning, can't wait to try it out when my mum comes to visit tomorrow! Will let everyone know how we get on.

Carrie

Ah well, not going to happen just yet, the Moby is for 8lb plus, and Seb is only 4lb 14...

A good quality woven wrap or a ring sling might give more support for a small baby. Where are you based? You might have a sling library close to you that would have much better advice specific to your situation and have an appropriate wrap or sling that you can borrow until your baby is big enough for the Moby.

Thanks, I've been in touch with our local sling library, and they have given me some advice about using the Moby safely, and suggested a couple of other slings I might try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back